STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY ASSOCIATES
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mechanical Engineer (High Pressure Vessels)
at STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY ASSOCIATES
# of Openings:
Structural Integrity Associates, Inc. has an immediate need for a Consultant in our Engineering Analysis Department.
The Consultant will participate as part of a dynamic team in the engineering analysis, condition assessment and life prediction of piping, pressure vessels, and auxiliary equipment used in industries including petroleum production, refining, petrochemical, fossil and nuclear powered electrical generation. The position requires the individual to develop the skills to manage and coordinate the technical and administrative aspects of the work. They are expected to actively participate in both internal and external training and development programs.
- Perform evaluations related to design, life assessment and root cause failure analysis of pressure vessels and other equipment.
- Perform thermal heat transfer, fluid dynamics and structural stress analysis of pressure vessels, piping systems, rotating equipment and other plant structures using both classic and finite element analysis methods
- Employ fatigue, corrosion and high temperature creep life assessment and fracture mechanics based crack growth concepts for serviceability assessment of damaged or flawed components
- Use experience with materials, welding and nondestructive examination techniques on projects.
- Assist and lead with field inspections of equipment.
- Mentor and train entry level engineers in stress analysis and life assessment techniques
- Mentor and train entry level engineers in application of various codes and standards including ASME
- Prepare written technical reports and presentations.
- Develop and expand business opportunities with existing Structural Integrity clients
- Support development of new clients.
- Support development of new business offerings
- Develop proposals for opportunities identified.
- Learn and implement all applicable standard Structural Integrity policies and procedures.
- B.S. or M.S. in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- 5-10 years or more of related industry experience
- Professional Engineering licensure (PE) in one or more states
- ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code Design Experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential, as well as a working knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Office
- Background in life management of critical assets or maintenance
- Knowledge of SolidWorks CAD software, FE software and general fracture mechanics concepts
- Computer Programming experience
- Experience in consulting, sales, or application engineering
Structural Integrity Associates, Inc., founded in 1983, is an engineering consulting firm of approximately 300 highly qualified professionals and support personnel and 10 office locations. Structural Integrity possesses products and expertise that span all aspects of structural integrity in industrial components and equipment. In addition to our analytical services, Structural Integrity offers a full spectrum of state-of-the-art NDE inspection and metallurgical services.
Why Consider SI?
- Employee-owned company – Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Robust compensation and benefits programs
- Incomparable industry reputation
- Team-oriented, inclusive work environment
We offer competitive pay and relocation might be considered.
EEO Employer / Vet / Disabled
Notice - Certain positions at SI may require access to information and technology which is subject to the export control regulations of the United States. Hiring decisions for such positions are required by law to be made in compliance with these regulations and may result in SI limiting its consideration of certain applicants.