Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Instrument/Controls & Electrical Engineer – Entry Level - 1107
STV Energy Services, Inc. in Denver, CO, is seeking an entry level Instrumentation/Controls & Electrical Engineer to design metering stations, pump stations, compressor stations, tank farms, etc. for our Mid-Stream Oil and Gas clients as well as design commercial projects in coordination with our Transportation & Infrastructure and Buildings & Facilities divisions.
Minimum Qualifications Include:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university.
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel in creating documents from scratch.
- Basic proficiency in AutoCAD (text changes, move elements, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent work ethic.
Responsibilities in Addition to Minimum Qualifications
- Plan own daily work with guidance from senior staff.
- Apply client and departmental design guidelines in daily work assignments with guidance from senior staff.
- Be able to read, interpret, and check vendor E&I drawings and vendor catalogs.
- Travel independently to and conduct site surveys to document electrical, instrumentation, and controls at existing client sites and facilities (< 5% of time). Wearing flame retardant clothing and other PPE is required.
- Travel independently to other STV offices (Denver, CO & Douglassville, PA) to work jointly with other STV engineers and designers (< 10% of time)
Additional Experience a plus:
- FE (EIT) certification
- Internships with operating companies and engineering firms
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Proficient in MS Access
- Experiences requiring leadership and self-initiated activities
- Experience with three phase power calculations and equipment sizing and grounding
- Experience with satellite and cell communications
About STV Energy Services, Inc.
STV projects will include, but are not limited to the following. Very few projects have all of these elements:
- Connection to local utility at 480 V up to 34.5 kV
- Pole Line (open or insulated conductors, 480 V up to 34.5 kV) per NESC
- Utility Service Entrance
- Power & Control Room building
- 480 V to 15 kV switchgear
- 480 V and 5 kV motors and ASDs/VFDs
- GE Multilin protection relays
- 480 V and 5 kV motor control centers
- Oil filled power transformers and small dry type transformers
- Solid, low resistance, and high resistance grounding
- Area Lighting
- Power cable sizing per NEC
- Electrical Hazardous Area Classification Plans per NEC and API
- Basic process instrumentation (pressure, flow)
- Control Valves
- Meter skids and LACT skids
- PLC (complete cabinet design and wiring, programming)
- Loop Diagrams
- I/O lists
- Communications: RS-485, Ethernet, Modbus, DeviceNet
- Radio and Satellite communications
- Underground installations – direct bury, duct bank per NEC
- Cable tray installations per NEC and NEMA
- Conduit installations per NEC
- Electrical Equipment & Instrument location plans
- Power/Control/Instrument plot plans
- Power, control, instrumentation, fiber, data, cable selection and installation per NEC
- Cable tray fill calculations per NEC
- Conduit fill calculations per NEC
- Cable schedule
Software Used Regularly:
- MS Office Pro (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- AutoCAD 2016 & 2018 (2D & 3D)
- Adobe Acrobat / Bluebeam PDF Revu
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Company practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, creed, age, disability (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical), marital status, sexual orientation, or gender.