Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operating Room, RN, Part-Time
- # of Openings
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com .
Facility Description: Multi-specialty facility, focused care on ENT, Spine, Podiatry, Facial Plastics, Pain Management.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The Perioperative (OR) Registered Nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and coordinating patient care from admission to discharge. The Registered Nurse is responsible for the achievement of patient outcomes through implementation of critical pathways and in accordance with the mission, vision, and values of the facility.
- Assesses patient status on admission and on an ongoing basis. Implements appropriate standards of care based on assessment data and patient’s own goals. Goals are mutually set with the patient and family Coordinates nursing interventions to enhance achievement of expected outcomes and to ensure readiness for discharge.
- Adheres to all facility policies and procedures when providing patient care.Utilizes nursing care standards when planning and implementing patient care.
- Demonstrates ability to direct and provide for patient care in emergency situations.Assesses learning needs according to patient’s level of understanding and readiness to learn. Evaluates patient’s progress toward outcome achievement on an ongoing basis. Revises plan of care based on change in patient status and/or information gathered at change of shift
- Participates in the monitoring and evaluation of nursing care provided.Demonstrates ability to coordinate the nursing care provided in the facility. Demonstrates ability to make decisions concerning facility-based problems.
- Participates in the orientation of nursing staff.Participates in developing standardized patient education programs, as requested. Participates in team conferences on assigned patients.
- Appropriately modifies approach to the patient based upon patient age utilizing a developmental perspective.Provides appropriate age-specific interventions related to safety issues. Demonstrates appropriate knowledge and competence of designated skills identified for position in patient care duties.
- Checks updated schedule each morning and prepare supplies and equipment. History and physical assessment of patient. Completes review of medical record. Maintains patient normothermia. Promotes physical comfort and provide emotional support and safety for patient. Administers and charts medications as ordered by physician. Reinforces and clarifies physician instructions and explanation of procedures to patient. Provides nursing care and appropriate monitoring according to policies and procedures.
- Communicates relevant information to physician, Facility Manager and appropriate staff. Verifies surgical/procedure site with patient and according to surgical schedule and patient History and Physical.Obtains and verifies operative/procedure consent. Provides for patient safety by use of monitors, side rails, and assistance in ambulating and instruction on the use of call bell in bathroom. Completes nursing documentation on each operative procedure
- Assembles cases according to schedule and preference cards. In Pre-Operative Area, introduces self to patient, verifies patient identity, assesses patient’s physical needs, alleviates patient anxiety, clarifies operative site, and checks chart for necessary documentation. Practices and monitors aseptic techniques. Ensures that the surgical site time-out process is followed and completed. Performs duties as circulating or scrub nurse. Is responsible for positioning patient relevant to procedure with awareness of body alignment, circulation and pressure points. Applies electrosurgical return electrodes, tourniquets, etc., according to physician preference, policies and procedures. Provides necessary supportive equipment for patient comfort (i.e., pillows, blankets, protective paddings, etc…). Accurately completes intraoperative record and inventory sheet. Is accountable for accuracy and documentation of sponge, needle and instrument counts. Properly labels and cares for specimens. Maintains adequate room supplies. Is knowledgeable of operation, cleaning and sterilization of instruments and surgical equipment.
- Graduate of Accredited Nursing program
- Current RN License
- 2 years of OR experience required
- BLS Certification required upon hire. ACLS & PALS to be obtained within 6 months of hire
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Proficiency with computer data entry
- Ability to work quickly and effectively while maintaining a calm atmosphere
- Must be available early mornings as well as available for flexible hours
Please send resumes to: Sarah.Johnson1@scasurgery.com