SWCA Environmental Consultants
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Ecological Restoration Design Manager
at SWCA Environmental Consultants
- Requisition Number
- # of Openings
- Water Resources
- Hire Type
About the opportunity
Do you thrive in the pursuit of delivering the very best in environmental consulting services for your clients? Projects will include sites across the U.S. within SWCA's geographic footprint and the position will entail travel and short-term overnight efforts to collect field data, oversee restoration projects, and meet with clients.
We are seeking a skilled Ecological Restoration Design Manager who has experience in the development and management of an ecological restoration design team located in multiple offices. The candidate must have extensive stream restoration design, surface water hydrologic, open-channel hydraulic analysis, and modeling. The candidate must have a strong skill set in AutoCAD Civil 3D, HEC-HMS, and HEC-RAS software and a working knowledge of GIS principles.
You will receive senior guidance and mentoring from two nationally-recognized stream restoration engineers as well as provide the same to staff engineers and scientists.
What you will accomplish
- Engineering design of ecosystem restoration and enhancement projects including: natural channel design/stream restoration, freshwater and coastal wetland restoration, and ecologically-enhanced drainage and flood control channel stabilization on projects located throughout the country and Colorado
- Manage and perform engineering design and development of construction plans of the above listed project types under the direction of senior engineer/scientists
- Mentor staff engineers and scientists in natural channel design within the AutoDesk Civil 3D platform
- Direct CADD technicians in the development of construction plan sets
- Manage and perform water resources assessments and analysis including: watershed hydrology, open-channel hydraulics, river and floodplain modelling, and stormwater management
- Keep projects on schedule and on budget
- Mentor junior staff
Experience and qualifications for success
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Geology/Fluvial Geomorphology, or related degree required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- PE or PG certification with a minimum 10 years’ post-Bachelor’s experience.
- PMP certification a plus.
- Completion of Rosgen NCD Levels I - IV, or equivalent, required.
- Experience with AutoCad Civil 3D 2017, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel, and various other civil engineering software programs preferred.
- Expertise in developing stream restoration/natural channel design construction plans in the AutoCad Civil 3D environment, and mentoring and training others required.
- Experience in developing advancements in the use of Civil3D to develop stream restoration plans required.
- Ability to work independently and with Sr. Engineering Staff and multi-task regularly in a fast-paced environment with multiple changes; work under pressure & meet tight deadlines.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full-spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.