Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Swinerton Builders
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Job Description Summary:Perform rough and finished carpentry work in the repair and construction of buildings, sheds, roofs and other items. Supervise the activities of laborers, carpenter's helpers and apprentices. Support activities at all Swinerton job-sites as directed.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform rough and finished carpentry work in the repair and construction of buildings, sheds, roofs and other items
- Accurately measure, cut and join wood, drywall, fiberglass, plastic and other building materials
- Frame structures and walls and install cabinets, ceilings, doors, floors, fixtures, prefabricated panels and scaffolding
- Supervise the activities of laborers, carpenter's helpers and apprentices
- Use power tools including but not limited to, electric saws, hammer drill, drills, reciprocating saws, band saw, jig saw, miter boxes, pneumatic nail guns and sanding machines
- Verify trueness of structure or other building components using plumb bob and level
- Proficient in use of hand tools including but not limited to hammers, levels, tape measure, chisels, pliers, wrenches, pry bars, cat’s claw, block planes, hand sanders, utility knives, tin snips and squares
- Construct braces and specialty concrete forms
- Shape or cut materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saw
- Assemble and fasten material together to construct wood or metal framework of structure, using bolts, nails, or screws
- Erect and align forms, framework, scaffolds, hoists, roof supports, or chutes
- Build or repair cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, stairs and other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, carpenter's hand tools, and power tools
- Remove damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace, using hand tools
- Install windows utilizing flashing systems to protect windows, doors, and other non-roof detail areas from the negative effects of water and moisture
- Study specifications in blueprints, sketches or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required
- Possess knowledge of common tools and equipment used in carpentry work, along with ways of maintaining and repairing them
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned
Skills or Experience Requirements:
- Must hold a current Journeyman Carpenter license/certificate (if required by the applicable state, city or county)
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a journeyman carpenter or similar role
- Display hand-to-eye coordination, mathematical skills, strength and stamina
- Lift and/or pull 50lbs., climb ladders, work off ladders, man lifts or other equipment
- Ability to maintain a standing position for extended periods of time, fully squat, bend or kneel while wearing a tool belt
- Capable of working in a variety of weather conditions
- Uphold Swinerton Core Values of Integrity, Leadership, Passion and Excellence at all times
- Adhere to all OSHA and Swinerton safety practices and procedures
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Swinerton provides commercial construction services throughout the United States, delivering innovative solutions and outstanding service to our customers for time-tested buildings and facilities. Over our 125-year history, Swinerton has earned a strong reputation as the Premier Builder in the West. As a 100% employee-owned quality contractor, we hire the best people, give them exceptional training, and provide robust opportunities for professional growth.
Swinerton has built a strong reputation as an employee-owned quality contractor. We hire the best people, give them exceptional training and provide them with the opportunities and the responsibilities that allow them to learn and develop professionally. Swinerton values and recognizes our employees as the essential ingredient to our lasting success. As a 100% employee-owned company, we invest greatly in the personal and professional well-being of our people. Together, we have created an excellent place to work; when people join Swinerton, they tend to stay. We strive for a positive work environment that encourages outstanding performance while making room for fun. We also believe that happy, healthy employees lead to a highly productive company, and we are proud to offer a robust benefits package to support individual and collective success.
Swinerton is an Equal Employment Opportunity, Minority, Women, Disability, and Veteran Employer.
Our Company is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We have a commitment to provide equal hiring, training, compensation, promotion, transfer, layoff and recall benefits to all individuals without regard to gender, race, color, religion, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital or domestic partner status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal or state laws or local ordinance or regulation.
We are committed to the safety and security of everyone interested in our company–including those who visit us online. Please note that Swinerton will only invite you to submit work history and personal information related to employment through our career portal WorkDay (which requires the set-up of a login) and communication will only come from individuals with an email address ending in @swinerton.com.
If you receive fraudulent communication please inform us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.