Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Software Engineer IC4
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer IC4
Location: Centennial, CO
Who is Syncroness?
Syncroness provides inspired solutions to highly complex business and technical problems. We focus on accelerating time-to-market and ensuring a profitable outcome for our clients.
By providing a full complement of engineering services aligned to the entire product lifecycle, Syncroness enables companies to accelerate product development and drive more predictability and productivity into their businesses. Working with Syncroness, companies gain the critical insights necessary to develop products that make a difference and create a better world.
We provide proven value and predictable results in demanding and regulated markets by employing our core competencies in:
- Project management
- Product and System Engineering
- Core Engineering disciplines
- Knowledge integration
- NPD and Sustaining Engineering
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- As a Senior Software Engineer you are responsible for developing new software products, implementing modern software design principles and concepts, resolving complex technical software problems, and providing solutions which are innovative and ingenious. You have deep experience with software design and are capable of guiding other developers on the team in the development and architecture of new features and capabilities. People come to you for design advice and software development best practice.
- You will work with a highly collaborative team in an Agile environment embracing a “fail-fast” mentality (fail fast, fail often, react quickly and learn from every failure). You will engage with Product Owners, Technology Architects, QA and/or Automation team members on cross-functional activities to design, develop, and test cutting-edge software solutions. You will be expected to understand, implement, and coach technical concepts to those around you.
- The job position resides in the Software Engineering Department and supports the Integrated Test Environment Team. You will perform total Systems Modeling, Real-Time Motion Simulation, Modeling of Avionics and Physical Systems and Analysis for verification and validation testing of vehicle embedded flight software products ensuring it achieves the desired system operational objectives. Through the fundamental understanding of the physical and mathematical sciences, you'll translate system and detailed level requirements to unit level software products that are then integrated and tested into a Real-Time Integrated Test Environment. You will design & develop new, or integrate into existing, real-time system simulation frameworks, performance models and algorithms, control models and avionics systems interfaces. The engineer will participate in design and coding activities with other team members in an Agile Software Development Lifecycle. The engineer may further perform hardware and software integration in a lab setting.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical discipline with 8+ years of hands on industry experience or Master's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical discipline with 6+ years of hands on industry experience.
- Experience with Unix-based operating systems
- Experience with object-oriented designs and languages
- Experience with software configuration management practices and tools such as Git (preferred), SVN, or Perforce
- Experience with promoting the following modern software development practices:
- Solution design principles
- Code design patterns
- Clean coding standards
- Performance optimization
- Experience with C and C++ programming.
- Experience with one or more of the following:
- Design and Architecture of Real-Time 6 Degree-of-Freedom Motion Simulators
- Software Model Development of Avionics and Physical Systems
- High Fidelity Emulator Development of Computer Systems
- System Programming
- Communication protocols, including Ethernet, Serial, MIL-STD-1553
- Embedded solutions with timing and memory constraints
- Developing device drivers
- Hardware - software integration
- Data Management & Processing
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience with one or more of the following languages:
- Experience with one or more of the following modern software development practices:
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Agile Methodologies
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience leading in a software engineering environment.
- Experience presenting software architecture and designs to both internal audiences as well as external customers
- Experience with Atlassian products (JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, Bamboo) and JFrog Artifactory
- Double Major, Major / Minor or Advanced Degree with Software Engineering / Computer Engineering / Computer Science and either Aerospace or Electrical Engineering
- Experience working with UML
- Large Scale Real-Time System Design Experience (6DOF motion simulation, Launch Vehicle or Satellite Ground Station, etc.)
- Cloud Experience / AWS EC2 F1
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline
Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and Syncroness may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Page | 1
This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and Syncroness may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time. Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.