Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Intelligence Systems Analyst V
- Job ID
Title: Business Intelligence Systems Analyst V
Client: DCP Midstream
Location: Denver, CO
About DCP Midstream:
DCP Midstream is the largest processor of natural gas and natural gas liquids producer ensuring the country has clean energy to warm homes, manufacture goods, and produce consumer products. We are a “must-run” company and we are committed to greater in everything we do—from operating efficiently, reliably and safely to being a responsible community partner. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, DCP Midstream operates assets in 17 states.
This role serves as a subject matter expert in Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, and Data Integration, serves as the lead for medium to complex activities and who understands company goals and objectives. Enables collaboration with cross-functional teams. Translates strategies into roadmaps and requirements ensuring resolution with the utmost effectiveness and efficiency. Responsible for the research and development of business cases, designs, configurations, implementation plans and overall management of project related activities. Maintain budgets, negotiate contracts, and work closely with 3rd parties, vendors and other critical personnel. Strong communication and analytical skills are required as part of this agile team. Provides support to team members as needed.
What You Will Be Responsible For:
- Develops, implements and supports enterprise-wide master data management and data governance process and technologies, works closely with management to develop ROI, cost or valuation estimates
- Leads the development of enterprise-wide KPIs and delivers data analytics and business intelligence solutions including methods to measure them
- Leads the development of enterprise architecture recommendations for components relating to the data and analytics space; maintains BI tools & technology roadmaps & strategic vision
- Collaborates with senior leadership and industry experts to understand how data needs to be converted, loaded and presented to drive strategic business value
- Mentors and guides team members and the business of the capabilities of Business Intelligence; Considered an expert in this field
- Leads as a SME or PM complex data projects to design and architect solutions, guides the development of test cases and scripts, manages project costs and ensures projects meet business and IT objectives
- Owns the Enterprise Data Governance process, structure and methodologies collaborating with key business owners to drive enterprise decisions
- Owns and maintains BI policy, procedure and standards with IT leadership
To perform the job successfully, competitive applicants should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Continuous Learner – Continually develops and improves their skill and knowledge to perform effectively and adapt to change in the workplace. Development occurs through a variety of learning opportunities, seeking feedback, and individual reflection.
- Personally Effective - Makes use of all of the personal resources at their disposal (talents, skills, energy, and time) to achieve goals.
- Tenacious and Results-driven - Sets high goals for themselves and others. They accomplish their goals by effectively working through challenges and demonstrate commitment to the network's goals.
- Creative Problem Solver - Focuses on improving their practices and results. They are open to new ideas and they maximize available resources.
- Effective Communicator - Conveys information in a way that is strategic, honest, timely, and respectful with whom they are interacting.
- Strong Culture Builder - Builds and supports a strong positive culture through behaviors and actions that align with DCP 2020.
- Collaborator & Partner - Works effectively with others to achieve shared goals through cooperation, sharing knowledge, joint problem-solving, and celebrating success.
The requirements listed above and below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Job qualifications and requirements include:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Information Management, Statistics, or related subject
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in data modeling, database design, development, data mining, data visualization, and data governance
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages (SAP Business Objects, etc.), databases (Oracle, MSSQLServer, etc), ETL (Informatica, etc.)
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets (Excel, SPSS, WEKA, SAS, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of data
- Proficient in approaches, procedures and tools to troubleshoot and address data quality and reporting issues
- Ability to learn and understand key business aspects of the data to translate that to information to assist users in running their day to day business
- Ability to understand presentation of business information in multiple contexts, including geographical and geo-spatial
- Proficient in creating information representations in a visually appealing way
- Strong knowledge of and adherence to development and BI best practices
- Experience with managing medium scale projects, estimating resource needs, timeframes and planning
- Experience working with unstructured data sets is a plus. Experience with C#, Java, R, and/or Python is a plus
- Experience working with the Microsoft Azure stack and Hadoop is a plus
- Experience with Sungard/FIS Aligne, Allegro, Flowcal, OSI PI, or Peoplesoft software a plus
- Experience in the Oil & Gas Industry is a plus
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status.