Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Job ID
- US-CO-Glenwood Springs
Job Title: Civil Engineer
Location: Glenwood Springs, CO
Do you want to live in the mountains? Are you a Civil Engineer looking for a new opportunity? Do you want to work for a growing company with opportunity to move into a leadership position? Do you enjoy working with well-known clients and on a variety of challenging projects? We want you on our growing Civil Engineering team at SGM.
Some great perks:
- Mountain living where you can ski, hike, bike, fish, camp, mountain bike, and don’t have to deal with the weekend traffic!
- SGM has been contributing engineering solutions to Colorado communities for several decades.
- SGM is a multidisciplinary engineering firm where they have varying disciplines under one roof – civil, structural, water resources and other engineering services
- Working for a company with a fabulous reputation that is committed to quality service and forming long term client relationships
- SGM is the largest full-service engineering, surveying and consulting firm based in western Colorado
SGM is a thriving full-service engineering, consulting and surveying firm headquartered in Glenwood Springs, Colorado with additional offices in Gunnison, Aspen, Grand Junction, Salida, Meeker and Durango. As one of western Colorado’s largest engineering firms, SGM offers significant opportunities for professional development. SGM and its employees highly value the quality of life in western Colorado and the beautiful Rocky Mountains. SGM’s success is built upon strong, long-standing relationships with a solid base of municipal, special district, state and federal government, and private sector clients. SGM delivers responsive service and high-quality solutions in the areas of civil/site development, water and wastewater, water resources, transportation, structural, municipal, mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP), surveying, GIS and asset management.
SGM is currently seeking a General Civil Engineer to join our Glenwood Springs team. This position will be responsible for providing technical support, and team supervision for a variety of infrastructure related civil engineering projects; and will ensure execution of projects from conceptual planning phases through final plans, and construction. This position also affords room for rapid advancement of high-performing individuals eager for a challenge, including project management, personnel management, business development and client service management opportunities.
- Forward SGM’s mission to make its clients successful by developing and delivering innovative, practical solutions.
- Provide engineering expertise in land development, general civil infrastructure, drainage analysis and design, site design and grading, streetscapes, road and trail design, permitting, etc…
- Familiarity and/or proficiency with the design and construction of water and wastewater distribution and collection systems and other utilities such as electric, stormwater and more.
- Production of quality project plans and specifications, as well as construction administration and project delivery.
- Adeptly manage all aspects of assigned projects, including scope, budget, schedule, client expectations and internal project team collaboration.
- Ability to lead, mentor and motivate junior to mid-level engineers and act as a technical resource to oversee production of quality project plans and specifications.
Minimum qualifications for the successful candidate are:
- Strong desire to live, work, and play in Western Colorado.
- Progressive experience providing civil engineering services for municipal and development projects.
- Current PE license in civil engineering or related field.
- Progressive direct staff supervision experience.
- Ability to prepare engineering drawings, specifications and cost estimates.
- Experience supporting projects during the construction phase.
- Project management experience with strong performance record.
- AutoCAD/Civil 3D, Microsoft Office, and other industry standard software proficiency.
Additional preferred qualifications:
- Master’s degree in civil engineering or related field.
- Experience as a lead client service/relationship manager.
- Desire to mentor entry-level engineers and be a team leader.
- Track record of successfully developing new business.
- Active member of relevant professional organizations.
Yes, we have more benefits!
401(K) with company match, Health, Vision & Dental Plans, Life & Supplemental Life Insurance, Short & Long-term Disability, Vacation & Holiday Pay, Cafeteria Plan – Healthcare FSA and Dependent Care FSA, Transportation Benefits