Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Drinking Water Engineer
- Job ID
- US-CO-Glenwood Springs
Job Title: Drinking Water Engineer
Location: Glenwood Springs, CO
SGM is seeking a full-time, mid-level engineer to join their Drinking Water Team in Glenwood Springs, Colorado. This position requires a degree in civil, environmental, or chemical engineering and at least three years of experience in drinking water supply and treatment. Overall responsibilities will include providing technical consulting support for drinking water projects, characterizing water supply sources for treatment, designing water treatment plants, watershed characterization and management, permitting water treatment systems and infrastructure, total maximum daily load (TMDL) development, and environmental modeling and design. The successful candidate is expected to be a team player and have strong communication skills.
Minimum qualifications for the successful candidate are:
- 3+ years of consulting engineering experience
- Water / wastewater facilities design and planning project experience
- Water/wastewater operations and startup experience
- Construction project administration and oversight experience
- Colorado PE or EI License with plan to obtain Colorado PE license in civil engineering or related field within 1 year
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work and coordinate with multidisciplinary project team
- Self-starting, motivated, and out-going; ability to meet deadlines
- Software experience / proficiency
- AutoCAD, esp. Civil 3D and Autodesk Plant (3D)
- Water distribution network hydraulic modeling
Additional preferred qualifications:
- Master’s degree in civil engineering or related field
- Active member of relevant professional organizations
- Pursued and won projects through client relationships, business development efforts, and/or responding to project RFPs
- Demonstrates experience in managing younger staff on technical project assignments
- Demonstrates initiative and participation in community involvement and outreach
In addition to a competitive base salary, the company offers comprehensive benefits.
TalenTrust works with rapidly growing, middle market companies who value their people. We are our client’s recruitment partner and identify exceptional talent to accelerate their growth. Unlike traditional staffing models, our recruitment process ensures full integration to capture a client’s culture and employment brand. We provide a personalized and collaborative value proposition to both the candidate and client.