Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Executive Project Manager - Commercial Flooring
- Job ID
Job Title: Executive Project Manager
Location: Denver, CO
Floorz is recognized as one of the largest flooring contractors in Colorado and growing! We are a full service flooring company that provides and installs carpet, carpet tile, vinyl products, ceramic tile, stone tile, hardwood, rubber products, and raised floors. Our expertise in choreographing construction and flooring installation is unmatched in the market.
About the Position
The Project Manager will oversee projects from award through warranty completion. He/she will direct and coordinate activities to ensure project is on schedule and within budgeted scope and be responsible for financial success of projects. Projects will generally vary in size from medium to large. Large projects generally are multi-million dollar projects that will warrant a team of an Exec PM and one or more Field PM/Sups.
- Review contract for signature, clarify ambiguous clauses, fulfill stated requirements
- Close out pre-bid RFI's, document and implement
- Setup SOV as required for successful project financing, as approved by client
- Manage submittal process including verification of completeness and approval status, requested changes and resubmittals
- Buyout subcontractors, misc. materials
- Verify material order quantities including installation, waste, overages, attic stock, coverage rates, sequencing requirements
- Track material lead times
- Prepare documentation for installations
- Manage installation personnel, subcontracted and/or in-house
- Work with vendor partners to resolve system and installation issues
- Review / approve all subcontractor invoices for accuracy and completeness
- Attend subcontractor meetings as required by client on-site and off
- Perform QC inspections (with assistance from field supervisor as appropriate)
- Perform safety inspections (with assistance from safety manager as appropriate)
- Manage project RFI's
- Determine on-site material needs including production rates, storage locations, etc.
- Verify material usage rates and inventories
- Manage field changes / extra work tickets including submission/tracking with client and payment to subcontractors
- Prepare and track monthly payment applications
- Coordinate drawing changes, RFI's, etc between PM and installers
- Schedule manpower to meet clients schedule needs
- Schedule material deliveries / produce warehouse pick tickets
- Review all project scope changes (ASI’s, CCD’s, PR’s, etc) and prepare, submit and track all cost changes
- Maintain monthly project cost / revenue projections
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in commercial flooring construction. Comparable experience will be considered
- Candidates with high attention to detail and a drive to succeed are encouraged
- Must have detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Position will require regular jobsite visits, site meetings, etc.
- Possibility of limited night / weekend work as project schedules dictate
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret construction drawings and specifications
- Successful candidate will be highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Problem solving a must – candidate will be empowered and encouraged to resolve issues that commonly occur on construction sites keeping the best interests of the project, client and company at the forefront.