Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Job ID
Title: Gas Controller
Company: DCP Midstream
Location: Denver, CO
Are you looking to join a stable oil and gas company and work in a new, state of the art Integrted Control Center? Then look no further! This is an exciting opportunity to help create a new department within DCP where no two days will be the same, and you'll work very closely with several other departments within DCP!
About DCP Midstream:
DCP Midstream is the largest processor of natural gas and natural gas liquids producer, working to ensure that the country has clean energy to warm homes, manufacture goods, and produce consumer products. We are a “must-run” company, and as such, we offer an increased level of stability. We are committed to greatness in everything we do - from operating efficiently, reliably, and safely to being a responsible community partner. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, DCP Midstream operates assets in 17 states.
Our gas controllers are like air traffic controllers. They monitor the flows, pressures, and specifications of our field operations. Our controllers remotely and manually quarterback the safe and reliable performance of our operations, overseeing daily field gas flow goals of 400 mmcf/d up to over 1bcf/d.
What you'll be doing:
Oversee the overall operation of the field. Control room operating and pin pointing concerns to improve field operations. Exchange information with the Integrated Collaboration Center (ICC) based in Denver to maximize plant production, quality and efficiency. Interact with field personnel to coordinate pig launching and communication with DCP customers.
- Operates plant facilities’ various equipment/systems including, but not limited to: process controls and measurement, pumps, pressure relief system instrument air system, dehydrators, fuel system, emergency shutdown systems, gas turbines, reciprocating compressors, steam turbines, amine treating systems, inlet gas receivers and transfer facilities
- Monitoring the field remotely via electronic surveillance devices to insure operations are running smoothly
- Could be responsible for completing and submitting work orders through Maximo
- Communicates field performance and remediation recommendations to ICC and local leadership
- Could potentially manage acceptable condensate levels within field specifications
- Engaging stakeholders to develop and communicate monthly and daily operational targets.
- Continuously monitoring actual performance against those targets and driving/documenting the actions to address deviations
- Providing information and guidance based on a consolidation of data and a broad perspective of day to day operational performance
- Coordinating/supporting responses to abnormal operating events and crisis events
- Tracking deviations to plans and respective causes of deviations
- High school degree or GED
- Operator Qualification Certification preferred
- Willing to work rotating shifts and overtime as needed
- 2 years previous operations experience in a gas processing (non-liquid experience highly preferred)