Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at talen trust
- Job ID
Job Title: Gas Scheduler
Client: DCP Midstream
Location: Denver, CO
Are you an experienced Gas Scheduler (marketer or analyst) ready for your next career step? We’re seeking a Gas Scheduler to join our amazing group of ICC professionals in our corporate office in Downtown Denver. We fully expect this role to have great growth potential, so if you’re interested in growing your career alongside us, this is the opportunity for you!
About DCP Midstream:
DCP Midstream is the largest processor of natural gas and natural gas liquids producer, working to ensure that the country has clean energy to warm homes, manufacture goods, and produce consumer products. We are a “must-run” company, and as such, we offer an increased level of stability. We are committed to greatness in everything we do - from operating efficiently, reliably, and safely to being a responsible community partner. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, DCP Midstream operates assets in 17 states.
We Offer Some Great Benefits:
- Competitive salary plus bonus potential
- Outstanding 401k plan with company match
- Comprehensive medical, dental, & vision insurance benefits
- Employee-matching charitable gifts program
- And more!
About DCP Midstream:
DCP Midstream is the largest processor of natural gas and natural gas liquids producer ensuring the country has clean energy to warm homes, manufacture goods, and produce consumer products. We are a “must-run” company and we are committed to greater in everything we do—from operating efficiently, reliably and safely to being a responsible community partner. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, DCP Midstream operates assets in 17 states.
The primary function is to develop, oversee and coordinate the ‘Day Ahead Planning’ (DAP) and management of exceptions process for regional operational super systems in a way that maximizes overall value/profitability for DCP. Interface with operations teams, commercial teams (gas scheduling), marketing, logistics, finance, risk management, reliability and maintenance teams to understand and internalize system constraints in these processes and evaluate risk assessments.
The Scheduler will work with the appropriate operational organization and support groups to align on the weekly systems & plant loading forecast to minimize impacts of deviations. Similarly, if other factors such as market conditions necessitate a change in the plan, this function will validate the plan changes maximize value to DCP and directs the alternative scenarios for loading plants and moving gas flow around. This function is also responsible for ensuring that any plan changes are effectively communicated throughout those in the organization that need to know.
What You Will Be Responsible For:
- Manages the systems planning process and support the ICC Operations Manager, as the process owners of the planning processes
- Systems operational planning facilitation and collaboration with the respective stakeholders in the Business Units
- Develops ‘Day Ahead Plan’ (DAP) for maximizing value of the Business Unit System as a whole including plant loadings and scenario options for managing by exceptions during upset conditions
- Key user for the super systems model for optimizing gas flows
- Monitors weekly forecast accuracy and KPI’s for impact to gas supply planning
- Work with commercial, FP&A analysts, and ICC leaders to design new processes that lead to enhanced business planning
- BA/BS degree in a business, logistics, technical discipline or equivalent
- Strong analytical, organizational, decision making, written and verbal communication and presentation skills to working levels as well as executive levels
- Experience working with technical and/or operations teams. Familiar with technical terms commonly used in process industries (Chemicals, Petrochemicals, Oil & Gas, Refining etc.)
- Computer skills/ability to work with various software packages. High competency in Excel, Microsoft Office and PowerPoint
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the Energy/Midstream, Petrochemicals, or ISO regulated industry
- Is able to plan and prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- Is able to gain the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity
- Strong interpersonal skills for effective relationship management with business partners
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status.