Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Health and Safety Coordinator
- Job ID
Position: Senior Health & Safety Coordinator
Client: DCP Midstream
Location: Greeley, CO
About DCP Midstream:
DCP Midstream is the largest processor of natural gas and natural gas liquids producer ensuring the country has clean energy to warm homes, manufacture goods, and produce consumer products. We are a “must-run” company and we are committed to greater in everything we do—from operating efficiently, reliably and safely to being a responsible community partner. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, DCP Midstream operates assets in 17 states.
Position is embedded in the asset and will provide technical health and safety guidance and leadership on a variety of personal safety topics and issues. The successful candidate must have excellent communication and engagement skills as well as the ability to write professional reports and prepare presentations for dissemination to the asset as well as division and corporate audiences. Total travel should be approximately 20 to 30%.
What You Will Be Responsible For:
- Serves as health and safety technical professional for asset in support of daily operations and maintenance activities
- Interpret state and federal regulations and directives
- Works with the asset and division to implement company safety and health policies and procedures and support continual improvement
- Leads and supports various monthly safety meetings at the asset, division or corporate levels
- Develops, coordinates, and conducts required safety and health training
- Serves in the capacity as lead investigator, facilitator or subject matter expert in incident investigations; experience with root cause investigation methodologies is required
- Drives the implementation of the Safety and Environmental Management System (SEMS) for offshore
- Provides support during asset health & safety and process safety management (PSM) audits
- Serves as an audit team member or leader on division and corporate audits
- May provide due diligence expertise in mergers and acquisitions
- Coordinates industrial hygiene efforts for asset, including exposure monitoring and assessments
- Authors various reports and presentations for asset, division, and corporate audiences
- Interacts with local communities to ensure positive and pro-active relations are maintained
- Serves as a Corporate policy and procedure subject matter expert as assigned
- Bachelor of Science degree or advanced degree in industrial safety and health or similar technical degree and 5 years of experience; in the oil and gas or refining industry
Candidates without a degree must have a minimum of eight years industrial safety and health experience, preferably in the oil and gas industry may be considered
- Strong understanding of safety ork practices and operational processes
- Strong communication and collaboration skills across various teams and positions
- Ability to work outdoors in all conditions and office environment
Excellent self-starter who can work with minimal direction
Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize work to meet sometimes short deadlines
Strong computer skills with excellent understanding of the MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook); ability to function with internal database systems.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status.