Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Water / Wastewater Engineer
- Job ID
- US-CO-Glenwood Springs
Job Title: Sr. Water/Wastewater Engineer
Location: Glenwood Springs, CO
Do you want to live in the mountains? Do you have a background in drinking water, wastewater, or environmental engineering? Are you looking for a new opportunity? Do you want to work for a growing company in a growing market that offers rapid advancement for high-performing individuals eager for a challenge? Do you enjoy working with well-known clients and on a variety of challenging projects? SGM is currently seeking a Sr. Drinking Water Engineer to join their growing Water Resources Team in Glenwood Springs, CO
Some great perks:
- Mountain living where you can ski, hike, bike, fish, camp, hunt, mountain bike, and don’t have to deal with the weekend traffic!
- SGM has been contributing engineering solutions to Colorado communities for several decades.
- SGM is a multidisciplinary engineering firm where they have varying disciplines under one roof including civil, structural, water resources and other engineering services
- Working for a company with a fabulous reputation that is committed to quality service and forming long term client relationships
- SGM is the largest full-service engineering, surveying and consulting firm based in western Colorado
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide technical leadership and project management for drinking water projects
- Raw water supply evaluations
- Drinking water regulations consulting
- Pumping and treatment system testing
- Evaluation, design and preparation of drawings
- Specifications and contract documents and construction contract administration
- Facility and water system master planning
- Hydraulic engineering and water distribution modeling
Minimum qualifications for the successful candidate are:
- Progressive consulting engineering experience in:
- Water / wastewater facilities design and planning projects
- Water/wastewater operations and startup
- Hydraulic engineering and water distribution network modeling
- Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA) regulations-related consulting.
- Current Colorado PE license in civil engineering or related field
- Progressive experience as a lead client service / relationship manager, specifically with municipal / special district clients
- Excellent client service skills
- Pursued and won projects through existing client relationships, strategic business development efforts, and/or responding to project RFPs
- Successful track record of developing new business
- Progressive direct staff supervision experience
- Demonstrated experience in managing younger staff on technical project assignments
- Responsibility for direct employee supervision, performance management and professional development
- Manage team workload and staffing levels
- Progressive project management experience with strong performance record
- Demonstrated ability to develop and effectively manage scope, schedule, and budget of projects with engineering fees greater than $200K.
- Ability to coordinate the efforts of multidisciplinary project teams
Additional preferred qualifications:
- Progressive consulting engineering experience
- Integrated (or “alternative”) project delivery experience – CMAR, DB, DBO, PPP
- Construction project administration and oversight experience
- WTF/WWTF Operators License
- Master’s degree in civil engineering or related field
- Municipal engineering experience
- Experience authoring technical articles and delivering conference presentations
- Active member of relevant professional organizations
- Demonstrated initiative and participation in community involvement and outreach
- Software experience / proficiency
- AutoCAD, esp. Civil 3D and Autodesk Plant 3D
- Water distribution network hydraulic modeling (Innovyze, Bentley)
- Biological process modeling software (Biowin)
- Water/wastewater facilities-related permitting
Yes, we have more benefits!
401(K) with company match, Health, Vision & Dental Plans, Life & Supplemental Life Insurance, Short & Long-term Disability, Vacation & Holiday Pay, Cafeteria Plan – Healthcare FSA and Dependent Care FSA, Transportation Benefits
TalenTrust works with rapidly growing, middle market companies who value their people. We are our client’s recruitment partner and identify exceptional talent to accelerate their growth. Unlike traditional staffing models, our recruitment process ensures full integration to capture a client’s culture and employment brand. We provide a personalized and collaborative value proposition to both the candidate and client.