Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Job ID
Position: Staff Accountant
Client: DCP Midstream
Location: Denver, CO
About DCP Midstream:
DCP Midstream is the largest processor of natural gas and natural gas liquids producer ensuring the country has clean energy to warm homes, manufacture goods, and produce consumer products. We are a “must-run” company and we are committed to greater in everything we do—from operating efficiently, reliably and safely to being a responsible community partner. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, DCP Midstream operates assets in 17 states.
Work directly with clients to monitor and manage revenue accounts. Ensure that payments are received in a prompt and timely manner. Develop and maintain relations with external clients.
What you will be responsible for:
- Records transactions into the general ledger or other systems. Ensures transactions are recorded, documented, reviewed and supported in accordance with company policies in a timely manner
- Responsible for plant allocations, pipeline allocations, system balances, economics, imbalances, accounts receivable aging and account reconciliations
- Reviews and analyzes the set-up of various contracts (e.g. percentage of profit, processing, keepwhole, treating)
- Develop and maintain a good rapport with producers and other third parties, as well as internal marketers, gas control personnel, contract administration and measurement
- Bachelor degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
- Demonstrated accounting experience at a professional level
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel and Word at a professional level
- Basic understanding of generally accepted accounting principles
- Aptitude to effectively learn company specific accounting and operations systems
- Basic analytical skills
- Customer service oriented with strong written and oral communication skills
- Flexibility to work longer hours during peak periods
- Good interpersonal, organizational and time-management skills
- Preferred: Prior experience with gas plant revenue accounting (The DCP definition of gas plant revenue accounting includes imbalance reconciliation experience and proficiency in plant allocation systems)
- Preferred: Prior experience with TIPS, PeopleSoft financials and GMS Ultra applications
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status.