Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Job ID
- US-CO-Grand Junction
Job Title: Structural Engineering Team Lead
Location: Grand Junction, CO
Do you want to live on the Western Slope of Colorado? Are you a Structural Engineer looking for a new opportunity? Do you want to work for a growing company with opportunity to move into a leadership position? Do you enjoy working with well-known clients and on a variety of challenging projects? We want you on our growing Structural Engineering team at SGM.
Some great perks:
- Western slope living where you can ski, hike, bike, fish, camp, mountain bike, and don’t have to deal with the weekend traffic!
- SGM has been contributing engineering solutions to Colorado communities for several decades.
- SGM is a multidisciplinary engineering firm where they have varying disciplines under one roof – civil, structural, water resources and other engineering services
- Working for a company with a fabulous reputation that is committed to quality service and forming long term client relationships
- SGM is the largest full-service engineering, surveying and consulting firm based in western Colorado
SGM is a thriving full-service engineering, consulting and surveying firm headquartered in Glenwood Springs, Colorado with additional offices in Gunnison, Aspen, Grand Junction, Salida, Meeker and Durango. As one of western Colorado’s largest engineering firms, SGM offers significant opportunities for professional development. SGM and its employees highly value the quality of life in western Colorado and the beautiful Rocky Mountains. SGM’s success is built upon strong, long-standing relationships with a solid base of municipal, special district, state and federal government, and private sector clients. SGM delivers responsive service and high-quality solutions in the areas of civil/site development, water and wastewater, water resources, transportation, structural, municipal, mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP), surveying, GIS and asset management.
SGM is currently seeking a Structural Engineering Team Leader with a strong technical engineering background to join our team in Grand Junction, CO. This position will be responsible for providing technical leadership, and team supervision for a variety of commercial and residential structural engineering projects. This role also affords room for rapid advancement of high-performing individuals eager for a challenge, including project management, business development and client service management opportunities.
Minimum qualifications for successful candidates are:
- Strong desire to live, work, and play in Western Colorado.
- Progressive experience providing consulting structural engineering services for commercial and residential projects.
- Strong technical engineering experience with an emphasis on steel design, concrete design, and foundation design.
- Robust experience providing structural engineering for vertical structures and multi-story buildings.
- Progressive experience as a technical design/structural engineering lead on multi-disciplinary projects with direct oversight over project QA/QC.
- Experience leading, mentoring and developing junior staff in the technical aspects of structural engineering.
- Current PE license in civil engineering or related field.
- AutoCAD/Civil 3D, Revit, RISA, Microsoft Office, and other industry standard software proficiency.
- BS degree in Structural Engineering, or Civil Engineering with a structural focus.
Additional preferred qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Structural engineering or related field.
- Project management experience including scope, schedule and budget.
- Experience supporting projects during the construction phase.
- Experience as a lead client service/relationship manager.
- Track record of successfully developing new business.
- Active member of relevant professional organizations.
Yes, we have more benefits!
401(K) with company match, Health, Vision & Dental Plans, Life & Supplemental Life Insurance, Short & Long-term Disability, Vacation & Holiday Pay, Cafeteria Plan – Healthcare FSA and Dependent Care FSA, Transportation Benefits
TalenTrust works with rapidly growing, middle market companies who value their people. We are our client’s recruitment partner and identify exceptional talent to accelerate their growth. Unlike traditional staffing models, our recruitment process ensures full integration to capture a client’s culture and employment brand. We provide a personalized and collaborative value proposition to both the candidate and client.