Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
GAS SCHEDULING REPRESENTATIVE
at TallGrass Energy
Operating across 11 states, Tallgrass is a growth-oriented midstream energy operator with transportation, storage, terminal, water, gathering and processing assets that serve some of the nation’s most prolific crude oil and natural gas basins.
We were named to Colorado’s Top Workplaces list for the past five consecutive years. Tallgrass strives to create an environment where all employees feel they are safe, respected, that their contributions are valued, have equal access to growth and development opportunities. Our Total Rewards Package is comprehensive and competitive - designed to meet the needs of our employees and their families. We offer our employees competitive base pay; an annual discretionary bonus; paid time off for vacation, sick time, holidays, birth or adoption of a child, serious illness, and bereavement; Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; a generous 401K savings plan; company-paid Life insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability insurance; Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts; Employee Assistance Programs; Identity Theft Protection; and Critical Illness and Accident insurance.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES FOR GAS SCHEDULING REPRESENTATIVE:
Effectively execute the scheduling process for the Company’s interstate natural gas pipelines and provide a key point of contact for customers.
This role may be filled as an Associate Gas Representative or Gas Representative based on years of experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Scheduling Process – Must be proficient in all aspects of the scheduling process for all Company interstate natural gas pipelines including nominations, scheduling, confirmations and allocations
- Consistently apply the detailed processes and differences required for each asset to be able to complete the Scheduling process correctly for each cycle.
- Accurately complete cycle confirmations with point operators in an efficient and timely manner.
- Customer Service Contact – Assist customers with all aspects of the scheduling process
- Identify customer errors and assist with corrections appropriately.
- Respond timely and accurately to customer inquiries concerning scheduling issues and pipeline operations while observing tariff, FERC policy and business code of conduct requirements.
- Monitor contractual imbalances and communicate such with customers.
- Train customers in most functions of the scheduling system (currently CONNECT).
- Develop working relationships with customers, which includes an understanding of their business objectives.
- Review and monitor point flows and Operational Balancing Agreements for accuracy and reconcile differences with customers.
- Understand contractual rights and types of services as defined by the tariffs and apply those concepts to the Scheduling process.
- Position Skills
- Problem recognition, troubleshooting and resolution capability for customer issues and the scheduling system (currently CONNECT).
- Recognize potential business opportunities from shipper scheduling patterns and relationships.
- Understand physical system operations and how it impacts scheduling.
- Knowledge of the allocations processes and willingness to support these processes upon request.
- Train individuals and provide group training on a range of topics for team support while developing effective presentation and communication skills.
- General Duties
- Successfully perform multiple tasks with strict deadlines efficiently and accurately.
- Must be an effective team member with a positive attitude, a willingness and aptitude to learn and the ability to assist others on the team.
- Must show initiative and the ability to progress in knowledge and capability for all scheduling functions.
- Contribute to the team in an effective and positive manner.
- Complete end-of-the-month closing responsibilities.
- Follow through with appropriate personnel within the company concerning issues relating to all the above.
- Deal with a wide variety of people with tact, courtesy and professionalism.
- Speak clearly, both in person and by telephone.
- Maintain a regular, dependable attendance and adhere to procedures for time off.
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, for the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public.
- Other daily, weekly, monthly or special project duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS FOR GAS SCHEDULING REPRESENTATIVE:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Experience with the natural gas pipeline industry’s scheduling processes.
- Understanding of the commercial aspects of the natural gas industry.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES & REGISTRATIONS:
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers (for travel).
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Take direction from management, adhere to required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
- Organize and prioritize daily work.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Intermediate proficiency level in MS Office applications that include but are not limited to Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Be flexible and respond effectively to changing schedules, priorities, and other urgent situations.
- Grasp and execute all Gas Scheduling responsibilities, concepts and procedures.
- Speak and understand English.
- High level of concentration.
- Remain focused and exercise good judgment under highly stressful situations.
- Must be able to perform all essential and marginal functions of the job.
- Job level commensurate with experience and skill sets; position will be filled depending on qualifications, experience and skill sets of the successful candidate.
The physical requirements listed below are those that may be necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting; standing; walking or moving throughout facility; driving; talking; seeing (specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus); hearing; feeling; bending or stooping; squatting or crouching; reaching; kneeling; pushing; pulling; lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Minimal safety hazards; general office working conditions.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Required to carry a cell phone and be available to respond during working and non-working hours.
- Required to work all shifts (currently Day, Evening, Weekend, including Holidays) to provide gas scheduling coverage 7 days per week, 365 days per year.
- Shift assignment will rotate based on group need.
- Required to work On-Call duty and non-traditional hours as needed.
- Must be available during critical pipeline situations.
- The successful candidate will be required to clear a drug screen and a complete background check, including credit report for certain positions, after an offer has been extended and prior to being employed.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
Above the minimum requirements; not required but advantageous in this position:
- Commercial experience
- Pipeline operations and procedure experience.
- Proficient in other interstate pipelines’ services, operations and scheduling processes.
- Working relationships with external scheduling personnel and Tallgrass customers.
- Working knowledge of NAESB Standards and Guidelines as it relates to Nominations, Scheduling & Confirmations.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This position may perform other duties as assigned.
Tallgrass Energy Partners, LP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship status, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status. EOE/M/F/D/V