Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT CUSTOMER SUPPORT I-III
at TallGrass Energy
Operating across 11 states, Tallgrass is a growth-oriented midstream energy operator with transportation, storage, terminal, water, gathering and processing assets that serve some of the nation’s most prolific crude oil and natural gas basins.
We were named to Colorado’s Top Workplaces list for the past five consecutive years. Tallgrass strives to create an environment where all employees feel they are safe, respected, that their contributions are valued, have equal access to growth and development opportunities. Our Total Rewards Package is comprehensive and competitive - designed to meet the needs of our employees and their families. We offer our employees competitive base pay; an annual discretionary bonus; paid time off for vacation, sick time, holidays, birth or adoption of a child, serious illness, and bereavement; Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; a generous 401K savings plan; company-paid Life insurance, Short and Long term disability insurance; Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts; Employee Assistance Programs; Identity Theft Protection; and Critical Health and Accident insurance.
PRIMARY PURPOSE - IT CUSTOMER SUPPORT I-III
Provides support to end users for computer, application, system, device, access and hardware issues. Identifies, researches and resolves the most complex technical problems. Responds to telephone, email and online requests for technical support. Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem using applicable systems and tools. Coordinates with other teams or specialists to resolve an issue. May be responsible for the resolution of escalated issues of higher difficulty. May train, coach or assist less experienced team members. May require an associate degree or its equivalent. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Responsibilities include the support of all production and development systems, troubleshooting and resolution of desktop computers, applications, and related technology. Support includes ordering, configuring, deploying and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established standards and guidelines.
· Ensure desktop, laptop and tablet environments are properly updated with new software and hardware patches and ensuring proper anti-malware protection is maintained
· Generates tickets from inbound calls, emails, walk-in customers, and chat sessions; records detailed progress and resolutions for all tickets accordingly.
· Perform system software upgrades, install service packs and patches as needed.
· Delve into and achieve an understanding of a problem or request to offer the most appropriate possible solution.
· Configure, modify and repair computer hardware including monitors, keyboard and printers.
· May set-up new users on domain.
· May perform various changes to user accounts via Active Directory.
· Assists in creating and maintaining internal articles and/or documentation.
· Maintain inventory of all equipment, software, and software licenses.
· May assist with on-boarding of new users.
· May assist in the training and support for other IT Customer Support levels. May assist in creating and maintaining system image for PCs
· Develop and follow all system change control procedures.
· Share after-hours support with others in the group and the IT Operations group including escalations.
· Regularly work under deadlines.
· Utilize software and hardware tools to identify, diagnose and drive resolution of problems and factors affecting network integrity.
· Deal with a wide variety of people with tact, courtesy, and professionalism.
· Speak clearly in person and by telephone, using a high level of verbal skills and listen carefully.
· Maintain a regular, dependable attendance and a consistently high level of performance.
· Work non-traditional hours as needed.
· Maintain a high regard for personal safety, for the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public.
· Other daily, weekly, monthly or special project duties as identified and defined.
· Other duties as assigned.
· High School Diploma or GED
· Must be customer service oriented.
· Analytical thinker is able to utilize a functional understanding of the various components of systems in conjunction with technical knowledge to identify effective and efficient problem resolutions.
· Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills; must communicate effectively with all levels of company personnel.
· Ability to work well both individually with minimal supervision and in a team environment where the sharing of knowledge is highly regarded and expected.
· Ability to multitask effectively and meet deadlines.
· Sound knowledge of PC configurations, currently supported versions of Microsoft Windows, and PC software including, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 applications that may include but are not limited to Visio, Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Skype for Business and Outlook.
· Good interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate systems requirements verbally and in writing.
· Experience in effectively communicating business and technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
· Experience in working on multiple assignments during the same time frame juggling tasks based on relative priorities with supervision commensurate with grade level. · Use time effectively and efficiently.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS:
· Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers (as needed).
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Must be able to perform all essential and marginal functions of the job.
· Must be able to work with a team, take direction from management, adhere to required work schedules, focus attention to details, and follow work rules.
· Ability to quickly master new IT processes and tools.
· Ability to successfully perform multiple tasks with strict deadlines.
· Ability to organize and prioritize daily work.
· Job level commensurate with experience and skill sets; position will be filled as IT Customer Support I, IT Customer Support II, or IT Customer Support III at Management’s discretion.
All of the physical requirements listed below are those that may be necessary for an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Sitting for prolonged periods of time; standing and reaching with hands and arms frequently; regularly walking, climbing, balancing or moving; driving; talking; seeing (specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus); using hands frequently to type, touch, handle and feel; hearing; bending or stooping; squatting or crouching; reaching; kneeling; pushing; pulling; regularly lifting and moving up to 10 pounds and occasionally lifting and moving up to 25 pounds.
· Minimal safety hazards; general office working conditions.
· Travel as needed up to 25%.
· Non-traditional hours anticipated.
· Required to carry an activated cell phone and be available to respond during working and non-working hours.
· The successful candidate will be required to clear a drug screen, and a complete background check, including a credit report for certain positions after an offer, has been extended and before being employed.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS, COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
the minimum requirements; not required but advantageous in this position:
· Associate/Bachelor degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Management, or a related discipline.
· One (1) year providing end-user phone support in an Information Technology environment.
· One of more certifications:
o Microsoft Certified Professional
o CompTIA Network
o CompTIA A
o ITIL Foundations
o IT Asset Management (CHAMP, CSAM, CITAM, etc.)
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This position may perform other duties as assigned.
Tallgrass Energy Partners, LP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship status, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status. EOE/M/F/D/V