Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PROJECT ENGINEER - WATER
at TallGrass Energy
Operating across 11 states, Tallgrass is a growth-oriented midstream energy operator with transportation, storage, terminal, water, gathering and processing assets that serve some of the nation’s most prolific crude oil and natural gas basins.
We were named to Colorado’s Top Workplaces list for the past five consecutive years. Tallgrass strives to create an environment where all employees feel they are safe, respected, that their contributions are valued, have equal access to growth and development opportunities. Our Total Rewards Package is comprehensive and competitive - designed to meet the needs of our employees and their families. We offer our employees competitive base pay; an annual discretionary bonus; paid time off for vacation, sick time, holidays, birth or adoption of a child, serious illness, and bereavement; Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; a generous 401K savings plan; company-paid Life insurance, Short and Long term disability insurance; Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts; Employee Assistance Programs; Identity Theft Protection; and Critical Health and Accident insurance.
PROJECT ENGINEER – WATER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform engineering related tasks necessary to support project development and execution of a broad range of water facility projects including Pipelines, Storage, Recycling, and Disposal. Tasks to include hydraulic modeling/facility design, permit coordination, and project management support including procurement, scheduling, vendor oversight, etc.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain daily contact with co-workers and clients to maintain close working relationships and to ensure projects are delivered safely, on schedule and within budget.
- Assist the Project Management team during new project development.
- Support multiple projects simultaneously.
- Coordinate the completion of project job books.
- Deal with a wide variety of people with tact, courtesy and professionalism.
- Speak clearly, both in person and by telephone, using a high level of verbal skills and listen carefully.
- Maintain a regular, dependable attendance and a consistently high level of performance.
- Will work non-traditional hours as needed.
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, for the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public.
- Other daily, weekly, monthly or special project duties as identified and defined.
- Other duties as assigned.
PROJECT ENGINEER – WATER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in Engineering or Technical Field.
- Minimum three (3) years of direct work experience in Oilfield Services, Engineering, or Construction industry.
- Should have understanding and experience with water related projects — sourcing, pipelines, treatment, and disposal.
- Intermediate proficiency level in MS Office applications that may include but are not limited to Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Certifications, Licenses & Registrations:
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers (for travel).
Competencies, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience in compliance with OSHA standards for general industry.
- Demonstrated experience in managing and directing project related tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Must be able to perform all essential and marginal functions of the job.
- Must be able to work with a team, take direction from management, adhere to required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
- Ability to successfully perform multiple tasks with strict deadlines.
- Ability to organize and prioritize daily work.
All of the physical requirements listed below are those that may be necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting; standing; walking or moving throughout facilities; driving; talking; seeing (specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus); hearing; feeling; bending or stooping; squatting or crouching; reaching; kneeling; pushing; pulling; lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Minimal safety hazards; general office working conditions.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to type, touch, handle, or feel. The employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Required to carry a cell phone, and be available to respond during working and non-working hours.
- The successful candidate will be required to clear a drug screen and a complete background check, including credit report for certain positions, after an offer has been extended and prior to being employed.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS, COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
Above the minimum requirements; not required but advantageous in this position:
- GIS Mapping/Data Analysis experience
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This position may perform other duties as assigned.
Tallgrass Energy Partners, LP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship status, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status. EOE/M/F/D/V