Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant - Field Services
at TDS Corporation
- TDS Cable Operations
The Assistant-Field Services is responsible for coordination of the support functions in the field. This involves working closely with Technical Operations Managers to insure all administrative activity is current and accurate, develop and maintain field equipment inventory and databases, coordinate all orders, maintain purchase orders and distribute equipment tracking reports, perform Plant Record and Trouble/Repair/Dispatch systems tasks, provide support to the teams in the field, and also support project management duties and distribute status of projects to team on a regular basis.
- Performs Inventory & Supplies duties such as repair & returns, orders & processes orders for regulated & deregulated items, tracks regulated & deregulated inventory, maintains appropriate inventory levels utilizing the mailbox and web tools (e.g., Inventory Use & Transfer Application, etc.), Plant Record Systems, SAP and other TDS applications as appropriate. Inventory responsibilities include: warehouse, vehicles, in process orders, repairs & delinquent shipments which may include the physical loading and unloading of all shipments. Establishes and maintains a tracking database, tracks delinquent shipments, tracks TDS projects, and maintains an accurate log of all purchase orders specific to Field Services. This includes working directly with Finance to maintain accurate and appropriate inventory levels.
- Performs Plant Record Systems tasks such as distributes field tasks to appropriate collocates and co-folders, prepares initial Site Survey checklists and sends to dispatch folder. Follows up on installs and retrievals from assigned field tasks. Monitors FSA (Field Services Assistant) order queue and creates projects. Follows up on reports from SAP for open and closed projects.
- Performs Trouble/Repair/Dispatch Systems tasks which includes act as Queue Administrator, runs weekly/monthly performance reports, sets tickets in progress, provides trouble/repair/dispatch ticket and service order information to Field Services Technicians (FSTs) and assigns duties to workforce based on manpower & customer demands. Prepare Technical Operations daily, weekly and end of month reports. Examples, Tap Audits, Quality Control, Sweep and Power Supply.
- Provides single point of contact for Vendors, Procurement and Finance groups & orders equipment using SAP and other methods.
- Supports Field Services teams with miscellaneous duties such as scheduling meetings for team and with vendors, sending all approved invoices to Accounts Payable, scheduling of technicians for coverage areas and cuts, maintenance of dispatch folder, assigning and maintaining logs for test equipment and tools, ordering and canceling access keys, returning equipment, maintaining repair and vehicle logs, updating contact list and all other associated coordinated activities. Additional duties include documenting and tracking all manual bills in assigned territory as well as maintaining records/tracking system including purchase orders, inventory control, and vehicle tracking; maintaining office supplies & shipping out items to be repaired; maintaining vacation schedule and FST calendar in assigned territory.
- 2 + years administrative support with internal and external customers OR current or prior military service with honorable discharge.
- Associate degree a plus
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and take on increasing responsibilities as they evolve over time
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products; preferably to include Access Database
- Understanding of telecommunications industry
- Understanding of telecommunication products and services
- Ability to adapt to rapid changes
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (e.g., verbal, written, listening)
- Problem solving skills (e.g., customer complaints, troubleshooting)
- Multi-task management skills
- PC computer skills
- Time management skills
Physical Demands and Work Environment. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, write and operate a computer keyboard, standard office equipment and telephone. The employee regularly communicates with customers. The employee is frequently required to move about and reach for items. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
TDS Telecommunications LLC (TDS Telecom/TDS®) delivers high-speed internet, TV entertainment, and phone services to nearly 900 rural, suburban, and metropolitan communities across the U.S. With more than 1.2 million connections, TDS is one of the fastest growing technology companies in the United States. Powered by fiber-optics and new industry-leading technologies, TDS delivers up to 1 Gigabit internet speeds and offers internet-protocol based TV entertainment solutions along with traditional phone services. TDS also offers businesses VoIP advanced communications solutions, dedicated internet service, data networking, and hosted-managed services. Visit tdstelecom.com.
TDS Telecom, headquartered in Madison, Wis., employs nearly 2,700 people and is a subsidiary of Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. [NYSE: TDS], a Fortune 1000® company. Founded in 1969, TDS Inc. employs 9,400 people and has approximately six million connections nationwide through its businesses U.S. Cellular, TDS Telecom, OneNeck IT Solutions LLC, and TDS Broadband Service. TDS Inc. has been named to several Forbes lists, including America's Best Employers for Diversity, Best Large Employers, and Best Employers for Women. Visit tdsinc.com.