Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Software Developer
at Technatomy Corporation
# of Openings:
SUMMARY OF PROGRAM/PROJECT
Under the DOI’s Interior Business Center (IBC), The Personnel and Payroll Systems Division (PPSD) is responsible for designing, developing, implementing, supporting, and maintaining many administrative computer systems that are used by Federal government clients. The Federal Personnel and Payroll System (FPPS) is PPSD’s state-of-the-art personnel and payroll system that interfaces with many other Government computer systems. FPPS services almost 300,000 users in numerous Federal agencies and commissions. FPPS is written in Software AG’s Natural legacy programming language; the database is ADABAS. Software AG’s NaturalOne programming interface is also being used for specific FPPS-related projects.
He/She will develop code in Natural/Natural One mainframe environment and work in the Natural ADABAS database, participate in migrations, run parallels as well as perform tests and release management. Additional info is below.
POSITION DESCRIPTION (Duties and Responsibilities):
- Under general direction, the developer will utilize Software AG’s NATURAL programming language using an ADABAS DBMS to design and develop major FPPS components, integrating work with other computer specialists and functional specialists to design necessary interfaces and coordinate common requirements.
- Perform system analysis
- Assist in the preparation of software requirements specifications
- Write and update system documentation and program code
- Design and perform unit testing
- Provide production support
- Design and create internal program structures of files and records and appropriate database components and determines detail sequence of actions in program/database logic
- Analyze functional specifications and designs appropriate subsystems and components for integration within the overall system
- Prepares technical program specifications based on these requirements and investigates feasibility of alternate design approaches
Write, test, and execute programs for ad hoc data retrievals (including formal Data Requests) for research, development, testing, and training needs
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of Payroll/Personnel Systems helpful but not required
- Software AG’s Natural/Natural One Programming and Design work
- Natural’s ADABASE DBMS
- IBM Mainframe/Z/OS, TSO/ISPF, IBM JCL
- Knowledge of Testing Procedures
- Knowledge of Legacy (Test, QA, Development) methodology
- Eclipse IDE (helpful)
- Ability to work in team-oriented environment
- Interpersonal and communication skills, to navigate and manage customer expectations
Education (Minimum Requirements):
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or 10 years of experience
- Lakewood, Colorado
Technatomy Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Technatomy Corporation to afford equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.