Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Field Service Technician
at Tesla Motors
NA-US-CO-Denver-East 76th Avenue
The Field Service Technician will report to the Regional Field Service Manager and provide diagnostic, troubleshooting, preventive and corrective maintenance services to Tesla’s energy products including but not limited to: residential and commercial solar PV systems, batteries, and electric vehicle charging stations. The Field Service Technician will be asked to assist in the commissioning of the solar array and monitoring systems during project installation.
The ideal candidate has significant experience and understanding in the design and installation of commercial and residential solar PV systems.
- Perform required preventive maintenance activities on commercial inverters to maintain warranty coverage
- Respond to corrective maintenance cases on both commercial and residential solar PV systems and updating online case logs accurately
- Attend and demonstrate outstanding performance at multiple inverter training schools
- Work safely and in accordance with Tesla and industry standard safety requirements
- Report writing, where required, to comply with deliverables in commercial O&M contracts
- Work closely with members of the Operations Engineering Systems Reliability team to respond to open case directions and provide data where requested
- Prioritize conflicting work requests and escalations
- Respond to customers’ concerns with the performance or functionality of their system
- Ensure the vehicle, tooling, electronics, software, and company property issued are accounted for and taken care of at all times
- Work collaboratively with the electric vehicle charging teams to understand the system and installation requirements
- Support the ongoing development and improvement of the Tesla Field Service team
- Minimum one year experience installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting solar PV systems
- Valid Journeyman Electrician card required to perform electrical work in the states where work will be performed by the candidate
- Trades experience in roofing or electrical is preferred
- Understanding of the NEC codes that relate to solar PV installations
- NABCEP certification preferred
- Proficiency in installing grid-tied inverters and able to work with various ground and roof mount racking systems
- Ability to stay organized in a fast-paced environment with aggressive timelines
- Ability to work in extreme environments, e.g. hot sun, below freezing, crawl spaces, etc.
- Proficient working with spreadsheets, word processing, and computer-based applications (e.g. time tracking, case management, etc.)
- Must be able to work at heights, climb ladders and stairs, lift heavy objects and work on your feet for long periods of time
- Bending, stooping, crawling, in confined spaces, working in limited illumination areas, working in dusty conditions are required
- Ability to work independently and manage your own schedule
- Comfortable making decisions independently and handling emergency situations with a calm and directed manner
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal); particularly in a customer-facing environment
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment