TestAmerica Laboratories, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
TALS Implementer - ALL LOCATIONS
at TestAmerica Laboratories, Inc.
The ELS(TALS) Implementer is the primary IT resource for conversion of laboratories to the ELS(TALS) LIMS system and the integration of key processes in the laboratory operational environment. This includes, analysis of laboratory requirements against the existing ELS(TALS) system functions to create specifications for approved gap development. Also, training users on ELS(TALS) and providing first level problem resolution during the conversion effort. Partners with QA to ensure accurate data reporting through reference data setup and verification.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analysis of laboratory requirements against the existing ELS(TALS) system functions to create gap specifications.
- Is part of the ELS(TALS) project management team to ensure successful implementation for the conversion laboratory.
- Trains and assists users on the functionality of ELS(TALS) software.
- May be required to direct the ELS(TALS) conversions process.
- Troubleshoots ELS(TALS) issues when necessary and designs solutions.
- Acts as liaison between the laboratory for the development of new functionality.
- Tests ELS(TALS) gaps, both enhancements and fixes, when required to ensure user acceptability.
- Assists in addressing issues with client deliverables (hardcopy and EDD) to ensure clients receive accurate and timely data.
- Responsible for completing requests for new LIMS accounts.
- Provides after hour on-call support for ELS(TALS) issues for the lab as needed during a conversion.
- Position requires out-of-town travel for meetings, training or aiding laboratories that are the target of conversion efforts.
- Produce status reports and provide data as needed for managerial purposes.
- Participates in ELS(TALS) and Change Management conference calls.
- Provides information/support to the other ELS(TALS) Analysts/Programmers as needed.
- ELS(TALS) Implementation Manager for new implementations and to research new projects.
- All laboratory personnel to troubleshoot problems and assist users with LIMS and network issues.
- Helpdesk personnel when assistance is needed in troubleshooting or problem solving.
- IT Application Development to pinpoint and test necessary system enhancements.
- Auditors/Clients to answer questions about ELS(TALS).
TestAmerica, the largest, fastest-growing environmental testing laboratory network in the US, attributes our success to the professionalism and technical expertise of our people. We believe that each person contributes directly to TestAmerica's growth and success. We have made a commitment to our employees to help them achieve both personal and professional growth. As the leader in the environmental testing industry, TestAmerica provides all the elements for your success.
We realize that our employees are our most important assets, and credit our success to our employees' innovation and dedication. Accelerate your future with TestAmerica!
Are you ready to take your career to the next level? Join the TestAmerica Talent Network today and check out our current opportunities!
What is a Talent Network?
Talent Networks enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BS/BA degree in Chemistry, Computer Science or a related field. Significant laboratory experience may substitute for degree.
Minimum 2 years experience preferred in use of the ELS(TALS) system within a laboratory environment. Ideally a working knowledge of databases and development languages and experience in troubleshooting.
- Laboratory and complete ELS(TALS) system procedures and operations.
- Self-manage and motivated
- Strong onboarding skills
- Strong communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Troubleshooting Skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Work with all levels of organization
- Ability to diagnose problems quickly
- High level of accuracy
- Good follow-up on all issues
- Ability to undertake air travel and driving unassisted
Material and Equipment Used
- Basic office equipment
- Program manuals
- Personal protective equipment when in laboratory areas
- Body Positions:
Sitting (60% of time) when working at computer, walking (30% of time) when moving about laboratory, standing (10% of time) when performing tasks
- Hand Use:
Setting up new equipment or software and keyboarding
Conversational hearing ability
Viewing computer screen and doing paperwork
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.