Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Asset Protection Associate
at TGS Management
Asset Protection Associate
|Location:||4100 E. Arkansas Ave|
Denver, CO, 80222
The Asset Protection Associate is primarily responsible for protecting company assets by performing loss prevention duties and ensuring compliance with company security policies and procedures. Performs surveillance duties, information gathering, and site inspections of company-owned facilities. Responsible for adhering to policies to mitigate risk and reduce loss. Maintains knowledge of progressive loss prevention methods and shrink prevention strategies, as well as surveillance systems. The Asset Protection Associate reports to the Asset Protection Manager who manages all Asset Protection Department staff.
Full Time and Part Time positions are available!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains a friendly, courteous, and compassionate demeanor at all times;
- Adheres to company mission statement and core values and maintains high ethical standards and professionalism in all business interactions;
- Coordinates with Investigator(s) and law enforcement to assist with performing investigations;
- Coordinates with management and Executive Officers to report investigation findings;
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity of all confidential information;
- Works independently to perform asset protection duties with minimal oversight;
- Proactively identifies high-risk areas of loss, high-risk employees, and responds to notices of reported criminal activity by employees or at company-owned facilities;
- Understands the complexity of compliance requirements governing our businesses, including the following types of regulatory agencies: Marijuana Enforcement Division, Fire Department, City Zoning and Planning, Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, and more.
- Responsible for reading and understanding regulatory requirements and company policy to relay information to stakeholders;
- Performs research and coordinates with retail managers to gather information and observe employee activity to prevent loss and determine compliance with Standard Operating Procedures and company policy;
- Adapt to a variety of working environments including offices, with ability to professionally interface with a range of employees and the public;
- Responsible for reading and understanding all department-specific Standard Operating Procedures and documentation;
- Completes a variety of Reports following incidents or investigations to initiate next steps for Management staff, Investigator(s) and Executive Officers;
- Prepare Bank Deposits by performing cash handling duties, such as, counting and verifying logs and adhering to all cash handling policies
- Adheres to coin vault policy and provides coinage distribution
- All other job duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required;
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in any field required; Criminal Justice degree preferred;
- Must maintain current knowledge of and adhere to all policy and regulations of the Colorado Marijuana Enforcement Division (MED); Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE), and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and TGS Global.
Required Skills & Experience
- Excellent computer, mathematical, language, and reasoning skills;
- High-level attention to detail, administrative skills, and highly organized;
- Experience using web browser applications and familiarity with current versions;
- Knowledge of Colorado marijuana laws, MED regulations, HIPAA, and CDPHE requirements;
- Ability to work independently with little or no direct supervision
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Previous law enforcement, military, government and/or security experience;
- Previous marijuana industry experience preferred with priority given to candidates with experience in CO licensed facilities.
- Previous high-volume cash handling with cash register and banking services experience.
- Must be able to individually lift up to 25 lbs.;
- Must be able to sit, stand, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift for long periods of time.
**Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions**
- Must be able to work in an office environment with moderate to loud noise level;
- Must be able to work off-site in retail, manufacturing, or production facilities with moderate to loud noise level and changing working conditions; May require use of safety equipment or personal protective equipment, as needed;
- Must have and be able to maintain valid driver’s license;
- Must be able to acquire City & County of Denver Merchant Guard badge (Application Fee: $50.00, Annual License Fee: $25.00, CBI Name Check: $6.85 [$81.85 Total] Fees to City) prior to beginning employment;
- Must be able to acquire MED Key badge ($250 Fee to State of CO) prior to beginning employment.
- Regularly requires local travel, as needed.
*This position is for a new store opening soon. Training may be done at a different location.*
**TGS Global provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics**