Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
The Green Solution - Purchasing Buyer - Denver
at TGS Management
The Green Solution - Purchasing Buyer - Denver
|Location:||5305 Steele St.|
Denver, CO, 80216
The Purchasing Buyer provides overall category management in support of a production or distribution facility with The Green Solution and its affiliate companies. This role is primarily responsible for purchasing various category items and ensuring total quality, delivery, cost efficiency, and sustainability of material supply throughout the total product lifecycle for the assigned category, while driving competitive advantage for TGS and customers alike.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Timely ordering and releasing of category items, using approved suppliers within the assigned areas
• Analyze production schedules and inventory levels to determine category needs, processing daily procurement requirements into purchase orders
• Secure targeted levels of inventory, cost, quality, and delivery precision to support full execution of planned production schedules
• Minimize working capital requirements while ensuring no out-of-stock issues
• Work independently or collaboratively, as needed, with individuals throughout the organization to ensure company objectives are achieved
• Conduct and follow up on Purchase Price Variance (PPV) activities
• Establishes standard costs for assigned category items in conjunction with the Purchasing Manager
• Review invoices not in complete agreement with purchase orders. Work with the Purchasing Manager and Accounting Department to determine errors and corrections
• Resolve supplier issues that arise in relation to delivery dates, quality, specifications, quantity, or cost of purchased goods or services in a timely fashion
• Alert Production Planner to issues interfering with production schedule
• Act quickly to find and implement solutions to any supply issues across the vertically integrated supply chain
• Possess and maintain a strong working knowledge of ERP systems (Microsoft NAV preferred)
• All other tasks and job duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Bachelor’s degree in logistics, business administration, or a related field preferred
• APICS certifications preferred
• Must maintain current knowledge of and adhere to all policy and regulations of the Colorado Marijuana Enforcement Division (MED); Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE), and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and TGS Management
Required Skills & Experience
• Experience with ERP systems, Microsoft Dynamics NAV preferred
• Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of processing, data, and statistical software
• High-level attention to detail 3/29/2018 V1 Page 2
Preferred Skills & Experience
• Previous purchasing work experience preferred.
• Ability to task prioritize with shifting workload in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
• Knowledge of Colorado marijuana laws, MED regulations, and CDPHE requirements; Previous marijuana industry experience preferred with priority given to candidates with experience in CO licensed facilities
• Cannabis industry experience preferred
• Must be able to individually lift up to 25 lbs.
• Must be able to sit, stand, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift for long periods of time **Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions**
• Must be able to work in an office environment with moderate to loud noise level
• Must be able to work off-site in retail, manufacturing, or production facilities with moderate to loud noise level and changing working condition; May require use of safety equipment or personal protective equipment, as needed
• Must be able to be widely trusted; is seen as direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain
• Must have and be able to maintain valid driver’s license
• Must be able to acquire MED Key badge ($200 Fee to State of CO) prior to beginning employment
• Regularly requires local travel, as needed.
• This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
**TGS Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics**