The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ASST FACILITY DIR, PROGRAMS
at The Geo Group
Facility: EL PASO (CAE)
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under limited supervision, position will implement operating procedures in the area of planning, organizing and directing the daily operation of the facility, provides direct supervision to supervisory staff, recruits, hires, trains and supervises personnel in the program department, according to Company policies and procedures to ensure contract compliance. Oversees facility operations with special emphasis on program measure policies, issues, and staff compliance. Must have a thorough knowledge of programming procedures relating to the needs of the client population.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Plan, organize, and direct the program and daily operations of the facility in a manner consistent with Company policies and procedures operational policies; and state standards and policies.
• Develop and implement programs specifically related to the sex offender, such as substance abuse, special needs, and any other related special programs as needed.
• Develop policies that enhance the professional development of the staff.
• Supervise staff engaged in counseling, educational and recreational activities and training.
• Plan, evaluate, and supervise duties and performances of staff in areas assigned to ensure performance standards are met. Use disciplinary action to correct unsatisfactory performance evaluations.
• Provide guidance and training to supervisory staff on behavioral and disciplinary problems in order to coach improved performance.
• Prepare written reports and correspondence to ensure that necessary management tools are available when needed.
• Confer with judges, probation and parole officers, police, social agencies, community groups, etc., to interpret the institutional program and objectives and develop cooperative working relationships.
• Acts as the facility liaison with outside agencies in the absence of the Facility Director.
• Coordinates and supervises the daily operation of the facility in the absence of the Facility Director.
• Conduct employment interviews and make hiring selection based on objective criteria and after having completed appropriate background and reference checks.
• Conduct monthly staff meetings with program supervisory staff to ensure compliance with facility procedures and Company policies. NOTE: Job descriptions are not intended to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job, but are intended to accurately reflect principal job elements.
• Ensure program supervisory staff complete proper documentation and processing of incoming residents and for those being released.
• Maintain accurate records of all program equipment and conduct monthly inventories to ensure that equipment is proper and accounted for.
• Investigate and respond to resident grievances in a timely manner. Ensure that logs are maintained on residents who have been served disciplinary reports for their infractions of facility rules and regulations and conduct resident disciplinary hearings.
• Ensure that all employees participate in in-service training to meet the requirements for continued personal and professional development.
• Participate in staff meetings by sharing observations and recommendations regarding the facility, residents, and staff in order to identify and solve problems and functions as unified teams.
• Maintain confidentiality obtained through job duties regarding employees, vendors, residents, outside agencies, etc., so that sensitive information is only given on a “need to know” basis.
• Communicate effectively with all levels of staff in a manner that promotes a team spirit and a sense of cooperation.
• Comply with Company work rules and policies as explained in the company Employee Handbook, and the Facility Policies and Procedures Manual; and respond positively to directives from management in cooperative spirit to ensure conformance to standards.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree (Master’s Preferred); each year of experience as described below in excess of required five (5) years may be substituted for thirty (30) semester hours from an accredited college or university on a year for year basis. • Five (5) years full time program administration or counseling experience.
• Two (2) years full time experience in the supervision of employees.
• Handle a variety of complex tasks; able to write clear and concise reports.
• Delegate, plan motivate, control schedule and train; effectively.
• Demonstrate supervision skills and knowledge of the criminal justice system.
• Must possess strong oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrate team building work habits and strong interpersonal skills.
• Must possess the ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion.
• Must be able to work flexible schedules to meet the needs of the facility.
• Must be computer literate and proficient in word processing.
• Familiar with basic psychological theories, current counseling modalities, case management techniques, knowledge of basic management principles; familiar with corrections and criminal justice system.