The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: SOUTHERN PEAKS REGIONAL TREATMENT CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families. We offer a wide array of services to include life skills, mental health services, cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, case management services, recreational activities as well as vocational and educational services. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you. Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family Services.
- This position is responsible for preparation scheduling and ensuring the quality of all foods andsupplies. Monitors and maintains accurate production records. Individual must develop and practice leadership skills and the ability to supervise without intimidation. Responsible for training programs, safety compliance, and monitoring equipment maintenance.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares the production/service documents for each meal Copies next week's sheets as well as production/service record, service plan, tray assessment sheet, pre-preparation sheet, restricted diet invoice, daily sanitation record, and meal delivery records.
- Ensures recipes are extended to the facility population require
- Fills out the pre-preparation and inventory pull sheets before each meal
- Supervises and trains food service workers and client workers
- Adheres to the sanitation and safety program
- Demonstrates good communication and human relation skills under the direction of the Food Service Manager
- Assists the manager in maintaining a high level of good client relations
- Supports Youth Services mission, Seven Key Principles, goals, and objectives and follows policies on professional expectations, code of conduct and other practices and procedure
- Maintains Safety & Security of clients & facility.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management.
- Supports and promotes the Sanctuary Model and its commitments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Three years prior experience in food service; or an
- Associate’s Degree or 60 credits from an accredited college/university and one year prior experience in food service; or a
- Bachelor’s degree in Culinary Arts or related area.
- Must be able to demonstrate the use and understanding of the facility's recipes, policies, and procedure
- Must be able to communicate to all personnel the minimum production/service requirements of the job.
- One-year prior experience in successfully managing and/or quantity food production experience in commercial, military, or institutional setting desirable. Prior correctional food service training will be helpful but not mandatory.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
- Other Qualifications:
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI)
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam
- Valid driver's license
- Valid registered vehicle insurance