The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: SOUTHERN PEAKS REGIONAL TREATMENT CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families. We offer a wide array of services to include life skills, mental health services, cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, case management services, recreational activities as well as vocational and educational services. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you. Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family Services.
This position provides medically necessary mental health treatment services including assessment, program design, monitoring and supervision to children and adolescents experiencing social, emotional, behavioral, and psychiatric problems.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluates behavioral and emotional issues of children and adolescents and develops specific behavior modification treatment plan.
- Provides individual, family, and group counseling under direction of an appropriate clinical
- supervisor as required and in accordance with the clients’ individualized treatment plan.
- Conducts psycho-educational assessments under the direction of an appropriate clinical supervisor.
- Observes and documents treatment interventions, behavior and client progression.
- Assists with direct supervision of clients and interacts therapeutically as required.
- Interprets treatment objectives and assists treatment staff members to provide integrated services.
- Participates in conferences for the discussion of behavior, diagnosis and client progression as a member of the treatment planning team.
- Develops treatment plans and treatment plan updates.
- Participates in data collection, monitoring, and evaluation activities for the performance improvement program.
- Develops and maintains a current list of resources that includes self-help and self-support groups to ensure comprehensive services to the clients and their families.
- Adheres to departmental policies and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance with current departmental practices and meet guidelines as outlined by outside licensing and referral agencies.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local licensing requirements and reporting procedures.
- Identifies and pursues in-service and continuing educational needs, suggests general training needs for the facility and submits suggestions for training to appropriate supervisory and administrative staff members.
- Attends staff meetings and conferences.
- Supports the company’s philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Master’s degree in human services field and
- One (1) year related experience working with children and adolescents with mental health problems and their families that includes assessment and counseling.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply basic math skills concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Support and promotes the Sanctuary Model and its Commitments.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34 clearances, specific State and child
- clearances and if necessary FBI)
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam
- Valid insured registered vehicle
- Valid driver's license