The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: SOUTHERN PEAKS REGIONAL TREATMENT CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families. We offer a wide array of services to include life skills, mental health services, cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, case management services, recreational activities as well as vocational and educational services. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you. Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family Services.
This is a professional direct service position providing a full range of services directed toward the therapeutic care and rehabilitation of adolescents in the facility school setting. Incumbent is responsible for the monitoring and maintaining classroom operation of a specific classroom or the school at large.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The following statements reflect responsibilities and competencies necessary to describe the core function of this position.
- Assist Treatment Supervisor in implementing the daily shift plan to coordinate and document expectations for the daily activities of residents and staff.
- Coordinate and conduct resident activities in classroom including confrontation, unit meetings, outings, seminars and special events.
- Use facility communication systems to maintain regular communication with supervisor, peers, and employees. (i.e. Communication Log, e-mail, Shift Plans, Feedback Log, Status Recommendation Sheet, Incident Reports) Ensures that verbal and written updates, including daily unit status reports documenting resident and staff behavior and unusual incidents are provided to the Treatment Supervisor.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of staff in a manner that promotes a team spirit and a sense of cooperation. Communicate effectively with residents by role modeling the principles of dignity and respect.
- Participate in daily shift change meetings to disseminate information to staff on resident status and facility issues. Attend and participate in scheduled staff meetings as required.
- Assist staff member with orientation, training and mentoring.
- Complete daily shift tasks including: Coordination of noon meals with other staff to ensure adequate coverage in the dinning hall and school.
- Work schedules will vary based upon program/facility needs; assist in on-call emergency network.
- Certified Med. Tech. Only On an as needed basis will dispense medication to residents as instructed by the Nurse Administrator.
- Demonstrate leadership and professionalism in performance of job duties by serving as a role model for residents, supporting company mission, goals and objectives and implementing company policies on professional expectations, code of conduct and other practices and procedures.
- Participate in on-going training as assigned to ensure current certifications are maintained, contracting agency requirements are met, and to continue professional development.
- Ensures regulatory compliance with federal, state and local licensing requirements and reporting procedures.
- Support the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Support and promotes the Sanctuary Model and its Commitments.
- Performs other duties as required
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Sixty (60) credit hours from an accredited college OR High School Diploma OR equivalent plus one (1) year experience in direct care of at-risk youth preferred.
- Work Keys are needed in the event of no college credit.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must pass background check and drug test.