The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
LICENSED CLINICAL SOCIAL WORKER (CAADAC)
at The Geo Group
Facility: GEORGE W. HILL
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position provides clinical social work for individuals who have a mental illness and co-occurring substance use disorders; and performs other related work. This position is responsible
for the management of Inmates in the Vivitrol program; while providing information on Vivitrol medication and coordinating Inmate care with nursing staff, program counselors, and physician.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts assessments and summarizes case information for use in diagnosis, treatment (level of care), and dispositional release.
- Reviews and assess Inmates for eligibility into the Vivitrol program.
- Diagnose and collaborates in the formulation of a diagnosis of individuals.
- Develops, monitors, and modifies treatment plans in collaboration with the interdisciplinary treatment team.
- Identifies and recommends appropriate services based on assessment and, where applicable, civil or penal code commitment.
- Provides individual and group therapy as delineated in the treatment plan.
- Provides suicide and crisis risk assessments and interventions.
- Participate in risk assessment, evaluation, and recommendation for alternate level of care placement, for release to the community, or other case disposition (with consideration for the risk the individual presents to the community).
- Coordinates discharge planning activities and acts as resource on accessing appropriate community support and services to be utilized upon release.
- Responds to requests from individuals, family members, courts, and community agencies.
- Consults with colleagues and other staff on behavior management treatment issues.
- Prepare verbal and written social work reports and provide court testimony, as required by law and policy, which can be used in all legal jurisdictions.
- Participates in professional meetings, committees, training, and conferences.
- Participate in research and Quality Assurance and Improvement (QA&I).
- Participates in orientation of inmates regarding the chemical dependency programs.
- Maintains knowledge of new developments in the field of substance abuse.
- Maintains a collegian relationship with other substance abuse professionals, programs, and associations.
- Completes required testing, assessment, and psycho-social history on incoming inmates as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree program from an accredited school of social work. Valid license as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker issued by the state in which the work is performed.
- Certified Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CAADC)
- Knowledge of the principles, procedures, techniques, trends, and literature of social work with particular reference to clinical social work; psychological or social aspects of mental and developmental and physical disabilities.
- Knowledge of community organization principles; scope and activities of public and private health and welfare agencies; characteristics of mental, developmental, and physical disabilities; current trends in mental health, public health and public welfare, and Federal and State programs in these fields.
- Ability to utilize and effectively apply the required technical knowledge.
- Ability to establish and maintain the confidence and cooperation of persons contacted within the context of work.
- Ability to secure accurate psycho and social data and record such data systematically.
- Ability to prepare clear, accurate, and concise reports.
- Ability to work family and community agencies in preparation for discharge.
- Ability to develop and implement programs.
- Ability to provide professional consultation; analyze situations accurately and take effective action.
- Ability to communicate effectively through written or verbal modes.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.