The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
P/T DENTAL ASSISTANT
at The Geo Group
Facility: AURORA II
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under the direct supervision of a Dentist, provides assistance during examination and oral surgery treatment of detainees/inmates.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Sterilizes instruments in the dental office. Lays out needed tools and instruments for scheduled procedures.
- Provides chair-side assistance by keeping operating field clear, passing instruments, and suctioning.
- Mixes restorative materials as required.
- Assists in taking intra-oral and extra-oral x-rays as requested.
- Develops and mounts x-ray films.
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of dental clinic according to OSHA standards.
- Performs dental screenings and schedules appointments as necessary.
- Maintains dental charts and records dental findings.
- Schedules patients for dental appointments.
- Prepares patient's schedule for escort officer.
- Maintains compliance with company policies for accreditation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Graduate from an accredited dental assistant program and current license or certification (where applicable) to practice in the state in which the facility is located is required. Maintains a current copy of license on file at the facility at all times.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience as a Dental Assistant preferred.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be 21years or older
- Must be able to pass the Background check, TB, and drug test.