The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: CHEYENNE MOUNTAIN (CMRC)
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is assigned to a medium security prison. This position maintains an orderly environment within the assigned unit or area of the facility and performs standard operating procedures in accordance with facility policies and procedures as required by Company and the client’s contractual requirement. This position follows daily schedules and performs the duties of this position in an exemplary manner at all times. This position manages and supervises offenders on a daily basis.
Our facility is operational 24/7.
We work eight hour shifts, with overtime requested as per facility needs. You may be requested to work a varied schedule as well.
This is a full time position with benefits and PTO accrual and paid holidays. Wages are $13.90 per hour.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises and manages offender movement within the assigned unit or area.
- Performs cell searches.
- Reports offender accidents or injuries to supervisor.
- Provides orientation to new offender and discharges others
- Performs scheduled resident headcounts and completes written count reports.
- Conducts daily inspections and searches of offender sleeping quarters and body searches as necessary.
- When assigned, monitors eye drug testing.
- Reports all offender behavioral problem incidents in writing to supervisor and conducts appropriate crisis intervention.
- Collects urine samples for random and routine substance abuse screenings of residents.
- Transports offenders by company vehicle to out-of-facility appointments.
- Monitors security cameras to maintain safe and secure orderly environment for offenders.
- Enforces the facility’s rules of conduct with the offenders.
- Supervises offender visitations.
- Performs other related job duties as assigned or required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One (1) year general work experience.
- Valid, active driver's license.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Ability to serves as a model for resident behavior.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of the field of addictions or mental health counseling preferred.
- Required skills include: time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work overtime as requested by management.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Equal Opportunity Employer