The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Substance Abuse Counselor ON CALL PER DIEM
at The Geo Group
Compensation Base: $30 Per Hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Conducts and/or facilitates substance abuse group therapy sessions. May facilitate additional classes which may include cognitive, educational, life skills, anger management, parenting and employment readiness skills, to provide education and treatment for clients. May communicate directly with customers as required by contractual obligations. Learns, uses and models principles of the "What Works" system through evidence-based practices in all interactions with clients and other staff members.
This is a per diem/ on call position located at our Denver Day Reporting Center.
Wages are $30 per hour
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts and/or facilitates intakes and group therapy sessions, classes and orientation, following Company curriculum and standards using principles of the "What Works" system.
- Maintains accurate clinical documentation including intake summaries, group notes, discharge summaries, treatment plans and updates. Updates therapeutic logs in a timely manner. Enters pertinent information into Company database.
- Conducts risks/needs assessments and creates individual treatment plans for each assigned client.
- Communicates relevant, accurate and adequate information regarding clients needs/concerns/issues to supervisor and other appropriate parties.
- May communicate client status/updates to customers as required by contract.
- Attends regular clinical supervision meeting to ensure communication between team members and collaboration on case management.
- Attends and participates in all staff meetings, workshops and trainings.
- Participates in daily office operations, such as client check-ins and monitoring client urinalysis, as needed to meet the needs of the program.
- May carry a client caseload.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Required-CAC II is required.
- CAC III or LAC highly preferred
- Valid state drivers license required
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or Human Services discipline preferred but not required
- Master’s degree in Counseling, Social Work or other Behavioral Health field is preferred.
- Appropriate State licensure or certification may be required by Re-Entry Offices or for specific curricula.
- Completion of Continuing Education Units as required for State certification or licensure. Three (3) years of experience in conducting group therapy sessions preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Teaching, presentation and group facilitation skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- May be required to have a solid knowledge of and ability to perform mental health assessments.
- Knowledge of clinical file maintenance.
- In-depth knowledge of substance abuse therapy.
- Ability to deal with resistive clients and manage difficult situations.
- De-escalation skills.