The Kessler Collection
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
a.m. Cook 2
at The Kessler Collection
Beaver Creek Lodge - Beaver Creek, Colorado
a.m. Cook 2
Pay Type / FLSA Status:
1st (Morning / Day)
# of Openings:
The overall objective and purpose of the Cook 2 position is to prepare food for the restaurant, bar, Grand Performer meals, and banquets. The incumbent is responsible for preparing quality food and pleasing presentations, as well as meeting food handling and quality assurance standards. They are to provide the highest level of service in support of the mission, core values, standards and goals established by the company.
Essential Duties / Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Greet and interact with internal and external guests in a genuine warm and friendly manner using professional and Kessler standard nomenclature.
- Operate the telephone system, answering calls within three (3) rings, using the correct salutation and telephone etiquette.
- Maintain the integrity of the guests’ privacy, including confidentiality of personal information and key control.
- Maintain the integrity of Company proprietary information and protect Company assets.
- To complete temperature books of hot and cool food.
- To complete the equipment check list and walk through and notify if any problem with equipment.
- To properly and efficiently prepare and present all food items to be served including accommodating special guests requests.
- To rotate food in walking coolers and freezers to minimize waste and spoilage.
- To maintain internal cleanliness of all food prep areas.
- To communicate the need for goods to be ordered to kitchen leadership.
- To follow all specifications and to properly set up hot and cold line stations.
- To communicate all guest requests to an appropriate leader in a timely and professional manner.
- To be able to read, understand and produce in a timely manner.
- To maintain a thorough knowledge of menu items.
- Maintain a neat and organized work area to include adhering to sanitation standards according to state law and health codes.
- Maintain neat, clean and professional appearance according to standards
- Comply with all company safety and security policies and procedures. Report accidents, injuries and unsafe conditions
- To comply with company and departmental safety rules and regulations, including the property handling of all relevant equipment and machinery.
- To attend all training and meetings as directed.
- To perform other tasks, including cross-training as directed.
- All other duties as assigned, planned or un-planned
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA’s):
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Basic knowledge of production and operations in all relevant kitchen areas.
- Must be familiar with proper use and cleaning of relevant kitchen equipment and machinery.
- Basic knowledge of soups, stocks and sauces
- Must have proficient knowledge of sautéing, culling, broiling, poaching, boiling, steaming and braising.
- Knowledge of fabrication of basic proteins required.
- Ability to effectively communicate and multi-task
- Proficient in handling knives and culinary tools
- Basic knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook as well as POS (point of sale) systems
Education, Certifications, Work Experience:
Culinary degree or related training equivalent in the Hospitality/Restaurant Industry - required
3 years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title – required
Experience within luxury brand/markets – preferred
Food Safety Manager certification – preferred or attained within 30 days
Work Environment / Conditions
The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
Must be able to work safely in a kitchen environment with high temperatures and humidity
Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of 40 hours with or without notice.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. *Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions & physical demands of this role.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to push, pull and lift up to 40lbs on a daily basis.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus,airplane or other means of transportation which require sitting, waiting and standing for long and short periods of time.