Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Kitchen
Next Door is an urban casual American eatery dedicated to serving delicious, real food made from scratch and sourced from American farmers. The host is responsible for taking care of guests and assisting the team with front of house duties. Our hosts support the team and help to create and maintain an exciting, inviting and progressive environment. This person should be a high-energy, outgoing individual who will help to foster connections with friends, family and the community through service, food and drink. The ideal candidate should love to work with people, be detail oriented and be able to smoothly handle high pressure situations. We offer a unique, fun environment with the opportunity to grow within the company.
- Ability to think on your toes, to make adjustments and decisions quickly, and constantly keep your guests experience at the forefront. Logic, drive, and a genuine love of people are necessities.
- Ability to gracefully field phone calls, answer guest questions, and direct call to the right people.
- Greet guests, escort them to tables and provide menus.
- Demonstrate superior organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
- Perform side work, setup, and assist with proper opening and closing of the restaurant.
- Assist servers and staff as needed. Perform related work as requested; model and promote teamwork.
- Ability to perform objectives in a timely and efficient manner with a focus on quality, while always maintaining an environment of hospitality.
- Promote and embrace the restaurant’s community and culture by demonstrating respect, positive energy, dependability, honesty, initiative, an outgoing nature and a pleasant, professional appearance.
- Support the restaurants vision and responsibility of being eco-conscious.
- Superior temperament, adaptable nature and good communication skills.
- Motivated professional with a love for taking care of others.
- Demonstrate integrity in all areas, both personal and professional.