Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Kitchen
At Next Door we are dedicated to serving delicious, real food made from scratch and sourced from American farmers. The line cook is responsible for preparing excellent meals from scratch as well as assisting with other back of house duties. Our line cooks support the team and help to create and maintain an exciting, inviting and progressive environment. This person should be a high-energy and positive individual who will help foster connections with friends, family and the community through service, food and drink. The ideal candidate should be self-motivated, eager to learn and adaptable. We offer a unique, fun environment with the opportunity to grow within the company.
- Ability to prepare food to the exact specifications of the chef; dedicated to creating well-executed and delicious food.
- Able to work quickly while implementing set standards including abiding by quality, portion control and presentation expectations.
- Prepare for food service; clean and chop food, set up and stock stations.
- Comply with sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Strong work ethic and attention to cleanliness a must. Keen attention to detail. Assist with cleaning and stocking. Open and close the restaurant and perform related work as requested.
- Ability to perform objectives in a timely and efficient manner with a focus on quality while always maintaining a positive and professional approach with coworkers.
- Promote and embrace the restaurant’s community and culture by demonstrating respect, positive energy, dependability, honesty, initiative, an outgoing nature and a pleasant, professional appearance.
- Support the restaurants vision and responsibility of being eco-conscious.
- A culinary degree or comparable experience. Minimum of 1 year experience cooking on a line.
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures. Passionate about quality local foods and the standards by which it is served.
- Superior temperament, adaptable nature and good communication skills. Able to work well in a high pressure, fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrate integrity in all areas, both personal and professional.