Memorial Regional Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CT Technologist - Diagnostic Imaging
at Memorial Regional Health
Sunday - Thursday
- Contact: Samuel Serniak
- Tel: 970-826-2468
- Fax: 970-826-3179
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Craig, CO 81625
The CT Technologist is responsible for quality and efficient completion of CT procedures for diagnostic interpretation. The CT Technologist is responsible for providing patient education, employee education, quality patient care, and meeting all regulatory compliance.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties:
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge in a variety of CT procedures including, but not limited to post processing, and interventional procedures.
- Practices radiation safety, adhering to ALARA standards.
- Asks female patients if they are pregnant and protects them from harmful radiation.
- Performs QC in accordance with manufacturer's recommendations.
- Maintains and demonstrates the ability to perform venipuncture.
- Assists Radiologists and other physicians in performing interventional procedures.
- Sets up supplies needed for biopsies and invasive procedures using sterile techniques.
- Notifies Lab regarding interventional procedures requiring their involvement.
- Able to operate equipment consistent with manufacturer's recommendations.
- Performs all exams based on Imaging Department Protocols or protocols the exam with the Radiologist.
- Answers the telephone, directs calls, and accurately records messages as needed.
- Assists, trains, or cross-trains imaging staff members as directed.
- Completes equipment downtime form and immediately notifies manager of equipment issues.
- Demonstrates a professional and caring attitude.
- Ensures HIPPA compliance and maintains a Code of Professional Ethics.
- Ensures quality standards and performance improvement initiates are followed.
- Follows all Department and Hospital Policies and Procedures.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Ensures compliance with Department, Hospital, State, and Federal regulations.
- Flexible in rearranging work schedule to help fill in for emergencies, illnesses and vacations.
- Must be self-motivated, use independent judgment, and be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Notifies Radiologist of all STAT or Emergent cases and provides ordering physician contact information.
- Obtains appropriate informed consents when required.
- Performs and documents medical history as it relates to the patient and the procedure.
- Positive and supportive team member to all staff members of the hospital.
- Practices AIDET (Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation, and Thank) with every patient encounter.
- Releases and checks out images/reports as requested after obtaining written consent.
- Reports to work according to department schedule. Utilizes time clock to document all hours worked. Obtains manager's consent for time other than that which is scheduled or assigned.
- Responsible for ordering, stocking and maintaining supply inventory.
- Troubleshoots equipment problems and independently calls service engineer if the malfunction needs outside maintenance.
- Uses proper equipment, procedure, medication dose and technique specific to size, weight, age, and motor skills for differing patient populations.
- Verifies exam orders, identifies patient thru two means of identification, and provides exam education.
- Verifies that all relevant paperwork is completed and prior studies are available before submitting procedures to the Radiologist for interpretation.
- Works overtime as directed and takes call as required.
- Required to take call, work holidays and weekends.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May be required to obtain additional training or certification in order to meet the needs of the department.
- Assists or rotates to other imaging modalities when required and within the scope of held licensure and/or registry.
- The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
o Demonstrates 100% commitment to performing according to the CHOICE values of MRH and representing the organization in a positive and professional manner.
o Establishes and maintains effective communication and good working relationships with all co?workers.
o Adheres to MRH and department dress code policies and procedures.
o Utilizes initiative; strives to maintain steady level of productivity; self-motivated; manages activity and time.
o Completes annual education, training, in-service, and certification requirements; attends departmental staff meetings or reads meeting minutes.
o Maintains regulatory requirements.
o Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
o Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work within designated times.
o Actively participates in departmental and facility performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities.
o Strives to ensure continual compliance with departmental, hospital, state and federal regulations and policies.
o Follows policies and procedures for infection control, safety, and risk management to ensure a safe environment for patients, public and staff.
o High School Diploma
o Valid Colorado Driver's License
o Graduate of an Accredited Radiology Technologist Program.
o ARRT registration in Radiology and CT.
o Current CPR.
o Prior experience as a practicing CT Technologist required.
o Technologist will be encouraged to work and cross-train in other imaging modalities.
o Effective communication.
o General knowledge of all Microsoft Office products.
o Ability to learn and work with all electronic records including PACS and RIS/HIS.
o Exposure to ionizing radiation.
o Exposure to infectious patients.
o Exposure to contaminated specimens.
o Must be able to take call responsibilities including weeknights, weekends, and holidays as required.
Radiographic hardware and software, oxygen, suction, wheelchair, stretcher, sterile fields and trays, HIS/RIS, PACS, and computer systems.
Mandatory Training & Involvement:
o SWANK Education
o Safety In-Service
o Annual Competencies
o NIMS Training: IS-100Hcb and IS-700A
o Staff Meetings
o Infection Control
o Hazardous Materials
o CHOICE Values
o AIDET + P
o LEAN training