Memorial Regional Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Tech I - Facilities Engineering/Plant Operations
at Memorial Regional Health
Facilities Engineering/Plant Operations
- Contact: Ashly Shipman
- Tel: (970)826-3171
- Fax: (970)826-3179
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 750 Hospital Loop Craig, CO 81625
Provide a safe, functional, and secure environment for patients, visitors and staff.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties:
- Positive and supportive team member to all TMH staff members.
- Attends staff meetings
- Strive to ensure continual compliance with Departmental and Hospital Policies and Procedures and State/Federal Regulations.
- Participates in mandatory in-services.
- Can identify and access system to report abuse to employees and/or patients.
- Adheres to policies and procedures for infection control, safety and risk management.
- Able to demonstrate and consistently uses lockout tag-out.
- Acts as an internal consultant and educator to hospital staff in areas of expertise as needed.
- On call as required.
- Able to operate motor vehicles as required.
- Perform building access, property access, and building operations duties during disaster events.
- Performs repairs to all TMH properties interior and exterior as required.
- Returns tools and equipment to proper location at end of each shift.
- Move heavy items as requested.
- Is able to use a PC to operate the building automation system.
- Is able to use a PC to access the work order system to complete PM procedures and to view and close out work orders.
- Is able to use a PC to send and retrieve emails
- Work with departments to ensure work orders get completed.
- Makes sure that assigned work orders are completed in a timely manner
- Perform PM work on equipment.
- Enter complete PM's in computer system.
- Performs other duties as assigned by senior engineering staff or Facility Director.
- Demonstrates 100% commitment to performing according to the CHOICE values of MRH and representing the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and good working relationships with all co?workers.
- Adheres to MRH and department dress code policies and procedures.
- Utilizes initiative; strives to maintain steady level of productivity; self-motivated; manages activity and time.
- Completes annual education, training, in-service, and certification requirements; attends departmental staff meetings or reads meeting minutes.
- Maintains regulatory requirements.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work within designated times.
- Actively participates in departmental and facility performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities.
- Strives to ensure continual compliance with departmental, hospital, state and federal regulations and policies.
- Follows policies and procedures for infection control, safety, and risk management to ensure a safe environment for patients, public and staff.
- High School Diploma
- Valid Colorado Driver's License
- Specialized field of maintenance related study preferred.
- 2 years of experience in a general maintenance department.
- Must be 21 years of age, for insurability purposes
- Must have an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report, and meet organization insurability guidelines
- General Hospital Maintenance experience or general maintenance experience in a specialty maintenance field i.e.; Refrigeration and HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, Carpentry, Boilers, ETC.
- Must meet insurability guidelines and be insurable by organization's insurance company
- Must be able to successfully pass a background screen and MVR check
o Must possess a clean driving record and pass a Motor Vehicle Records Check and meet insurability Guidelines (if applicable) – see below
o Must be 21 years of age of older
o Must possess a valid driver's license
o Must not have three (3) or more violations in three years
o Must not have any of the following violations, regardless of the time period:
§ Homicide involving a vehicle
§ Using a vehicle to elude an officer
§ Hit and run
§ Manslaughter with a vehicle
§ Felony with a vehicle
§ False report to police department
§ Permitting an unlicensed driver to drive
o Any two or more preventable accidents in 3 years – a preventable accident is any traffic accident which results in property damage and/or personal injury, regardless of who was injured, what property was damaged, to what extent, or where it occurred, in which the driver in question failed to exercise every reasonable precaution or action to avoid the accident. Driving to avoid preventable accidents is defensive driving. The fact that the driver was not charged with a traffic violation by law enforcement is not a part of our definition.
o Any driver convicted of any of the following within the last five years:
§ Any alcohol or drug related offense including, but not limited to, driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
May be required to work indoors or outdoors in all types of weather, day or night. This fast paced and physically demanding position requires that the employee lift at least 50 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Hand and power tools
- Volt/Ohm Multi-meters
- Drill press
- Table saw
- Bobcat Tool cat
- John Deere riding lawn tractor
Mandatory Training & Involvement:
- SWANK Education
- Safety In-Service
- Annual Competencies
- NIMS Training: IS-100Hcb and IS-700A
- Staff Meetings
- Infection Control
- Hazardous Materials
- CHOICE Values
- AIDET + P
- LEAN training
- Colorado pesticide training for using non-license chemicals in a commercial environment