Memorial Regional Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse - Family Medicine
at Memorial Regional Health
4 days a week varies no weekends
- Contact: Ashly Shipman
- Tel: (970)826-3171
- Fax: (970)826-3179
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 750 Hospital Loop Craig, CO 81625
The Registered Nurse is responsible for providing and implementing safe and effective patient care in a clinic setting by assisting providers in examination and treatment of patients.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties:
- Maintains compliance with departmental, hospital and state and federal regulations and policies
- Working knowledge of phone
- Participates in mandatory in-services
- Follows policy and procedures for infection control, safety, and risk management
- Completes maintenance work orders appropriately
- Participates in Disaster Drills, demonstrates knowledge of emergency preparedness
- Respects the confidentiality of patient records, and uses complete discretion when discussing patient information
- Utilizes all department forms appropriately
- Able to identify victims and the process for reporting abuse
- Able to apply National Patient Safety goals to care and documentation
- Collect, label and transport all specimens appropriately
- Demonstrates knowledge of routine equipment
- Demonstrates proper techniques when setting up for procedures
- Demonstrations knowledge of emergency equipment and procedures
- Collaborates with patient care planning
- Assumes leadership role as needed or assigned
- Ability to gather resources within the hospital to provide adequate care
- Active participation in education specific to patient diagnosis and need
- Acts as a resource person to other staff members
- Conducts/participates in Code Blue and other emergency codes.
- Public relations: receive, greet, direct by phone or in person. Take messages.
- Positive and supportive team member to staff members and the Hospital.
- Participates in process improvement teams or in interdepartmental efforts.
- Able to assess the geriatric patient for safety, medication dosage appropriateness.
- Able to translate medications into pediatric doses and use proper equipment for patient's size and age.
- Act as a liaison between patients, families, physicians and staff.
- Complete workload as assigned.
- Respects the confidentiality of patient records and uses complete discretion when discussion patient information.
- Utilizes all department forms appropriately.
- Assures patient charges are complete and accurate.
- Accurately administers mediation, performs treatment in accordance of standards of care, signs out all narcotics and dispenses according to policy.
- Assists physicians with special tests and procedures.
- Demonstrates an ability to start IV and monitor IV fluids for correct rate.
- Active participation in education specific to patient diagnosis and need.
- Knowledge of paperwork for transferring of patients to other facilities.
- Able to perform all clerical duties.
- Accurate and concise intra- and interdepartmental reports.
- Assures patient charges are complete and accurate
- Knowledge/practice of correct CPT codes and diagnosis codes for adequate Superbill submission.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Attends staff meetings
- Direct patient care. Implement and utilizes the Nursing Process, Assessment, Intervention, Evaluation, Discharge Planning, and Reassessment.
- Demonstrates 100% commitment to performing according to the CHOICE values of TMH and representing the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and good working relationships with all co?workers.
- Adheres to TMH and department dress code policies and procedures.
- Utilizes initiative; strives to maintain steady level of productivity; self-motivated; manages activity and time.
- Completes annual education, training, in-service, and certification requirements; attends departmental staff meetings or reads meeting minutes.
- Maintains regulatory requirements.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work within designated times.
- Actively participates in departmental and facility performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities.
- Strives to ensure continual compliance with departmental, hospital, state and federal regulations and policies.
- Follows policies and procedures for infection control, safety, and risk management to ensure a safe environment for patients, public and staff.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Current valid driver's license
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Current Colorado RN license
- Current BLS certification (must be obtained within 90 days of hire)
- Current ACLS certification (must be obtained within 6 months of hire)
- One year acute care experience preferred.
- General knowledge of all Microsoft Office products.
- Fax Machine
- Copy Machine
- Basic Office Equipment
- Medical Equipment including but not limited to: Warming blanket, beds, defibrillator, scales, Ambu bag, Pulse Oximeter, crash cart, glucometer, EKG machine, airflow meter, Coagusense machine, EKG Monitors & central station, NIBP, Beds, Apnea Monitor, Breast Pump, IV Pumps, Suction, Fetal Monitor, Crash Cart, Glucometer, Defibrillator, Cast Cutter
Mandatory Training & Involvement:
- SWANK Education
- NIMS Training: IS-100Hcb and IS-700A
- Staff Meetings
- Infection Control
- Hazardous Materials
- CHOICE Values
- AIDET + P
- LEAN training
- Service Excellence
- Compliance Program Review
- Safety In-Service
- Annual Competencies
- ISO 9001