Memorial Regional Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse - med/surg - Nursing - Med/Surg
at Memorial Regional Health
Nursing - Med/Surg
- Contact: Ashly Shipman
- Tel: (970)826-3171
- Fax: (970)826-3179
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 750 Hospital Loop Craig, CO 81625
To provide and implement an individualized plan of care for each patient requiring hospital nursing services.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties:
- Participates on a Service Excellence Team
- Documents statistics and reports them to the necessary parties
- Maintains compliance with departmental, hospital and state and federal regulations and policies
- Working knowledge of two-way radio/pager, phone and in-house communication system
- Participates in mandatory in-services
- Follows policy and procedures for infection control, safety, and risk management
- Completes maintenance work orders appropriately
- Participates in Disaster Drills, demonstrates knowledge of emergency preparedness
- Respects the confidentiality of patient records, and uses complete discretion when discussing patient information
- Utilizes all department forms appropriately
- Able to identify victims and the process for reporting abuse
- Able to apply National Patient Safety goals to care and documentation
- Collect, label and transport all specimens appropriately
- Demonstrates knowledge of routine equipment in Med/Surg, TC and SCU.
- Demonstrates proper techniques when setting up for procedures in Med-Surg, TC and SCU.
- Demonstrations knowledge of emergency equipment and procedures in L/D, Nursery, Med-Surg, TC
o and SCU.
- Collaborates with patient care planning team and patient rounding.
- Assumes leadership role as needed or assigned.
- Ability to make care plans for patients to provide care and education.
- Active participation in education specific to patient diagnosis and need.
- Acts as a resource person to other staff members.
- Conducts/participates in Code Blue and other emergency codes.
- AIDET + P: Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation, Thank You and Promise.
- Follow CHOICE Values: Compassion, Humility, Ownership, Integrity, Commitment, and Excellence.
- Participates in process improvement teams or in interdepartmental committees' team.
- Direct patient care. Implements and utilizes the Nursing Process Assessment, Intervention, Evaluation, Discharge Planning, and Reassessment model.
- Able to assess the geriatric patient for safety, medication dosage appropriateness.
- Able to translate medications into pediatric doses and use proper equipment for patient's size and age.
- Act as a liaison between patients, families, physicians and staff.
- Complete workload as assigned.
- Accurately administers mediation, performs treatment in accordance of standards of care, signs out all narcotics and dispenses according to policy.
- Assists physicians with special tests and procedures.
- Demonstrates an ability to start IV and monitor IV fluids for correct rate.
- Knowledge of paperwork for transferring of patients to other facilities.
- Able to perform all clerical duties.
- Accurate and concise intra- and interdepartmental reports.
- Ability to gather resources within the hospital to provide adequate care.
- Collect, label and transport all specimens appropriately.
- Demonstrates 100% commitment to performing according to the CHOICE values of TMH and representing the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and good working relationships with all co?workers.
- Adheres to TMH attire/dress code per policies and procedures.
- Utilizes initiative; strives to maintain steady level of productivity; self-motivated; manages activity and time.
- Completes annual education, training, in-service, and certification requirements; attends departmental staff meetings or reads meeting minutes.
- Maintains regulatory requirements.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work within designated times.
- Actively participates in departmental and facility performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities.
- Strives to ensure continual compliance with departmental, hospital, state and federal regulations and policies.
- Follows policies and procedures for infection control, safety, and risk management to ensure a safe environment for patients, public and staff.
- Participates in mandatory in-service and staff meetings.
o Graduate of an accredited nursing program
o Current licensure by the State of Colorado Board of Nursing required or compact state as an RN
o Current BLS CPR Certification required
o Current ACLS Certification required within 1 year of hire
o Current PALS or ENPC Certification required within 1 year of hire
o Current TNCC Certification required within 1 year of hire
o Valid Colorado Driver's License required
o Operation knowledge of all aspects of the Surgical Services Department
o Demonstrates knowledge of airway management and ability to utilize airway management equipment and supplies
o Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide age-appropriate care to the patient population served. Interprets data about the patient's status in order to identify each patient's age specific needs and provide care needed by the patient group
o Demonstrates thorough knowledge of location, care, and operation of all surgical equipment
o Demonstrates knowledge of all performed surgical/invasive/endoscopic procedures and how to document appropriately
o One year of acute care experience preferred
o Ability to read and communicate effectively in English
o Additional languages encouraged
o Comprehensive computer knowledge
o Ability to interpret cardiac rhythms
o Manage stress appropriately, handle multiple priorities and make decisions under pressure
o Basic computer skills
o Minimum of 36 hours clinical shifts each week
o On call shifts as needed
o All equipment utilized in the Med-Surg-SCU Department, including clerical and medical equipment
Mandatory Training & Involvement:
o SWANK Education
o Safety In-Service
o Annual Competencies
o NIMS Training: IS-100Hcb and IS-700A
o Staff Meetings
o Infection Control
o Hazardous Materials
o CHOICE Values
o AIDET + P
o LEAN training