Memorial Regional Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Ultrasound/Echo Tech - Diagnostic Imaging
at Memorial Regional Health
Mon - Fri
- Contact: Ashly Shipman
- Tel: (970)826-3172
- Fax: (970)826-3179
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 750 Hospital Loop Craig, CO 81625
The Ultrasound Technologist is responsible for quality and efficient completion of ultrasonography procedures for diagnostic interpretation. The Ultrasound Technologist is responsible for providing patient education, employee education, quality patient care, and meeting all regulatory compliance.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties:
- Maintains advanced knowledge of human anatomy and pathology related to Ultrasound examinations.
- Obtains quality images for diagnostic interpretation by the physician.
- Recognizes and understands the pathophysiologic changes detected by ultrasound to perform a preliminary assessment in order to alert the Radiologist or ordering physician of serious conditions requiring immediate attention.
- Selects correct transducer and scanning parameters for exam and patient body habitus.
o Assists Radiologists and other physicians in performing interventional procedures.
- Sets up supplies needed for biopsies and invasive procedures using sterile techniques.
- Notifies Lab regarding interventional procedures requiring their involvement.
o Follows manufacturer's recommendations for maintaining and calibrating the equipment.
- Performs all exams based on Imaging Department Protocols or protocols the exam with the Radiologist.
o Answers the telephone, directs calls, and accurately records messages as needed.
- Assists, trains, or cross-trains imaging staff members as directed.
- Completes equipment downtime form and immediately notifies manager of equipment issues.
- Demonstrates a professional and caring attitude.
- Ensures HIPPA compliance and maintains a Code of Professional Ethics.
- Follows all Department and Hospital Policies and Procedures.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Ensures compliance with Department, Hospital, State, and Federal regulations.
- Flexible in rearranging work schedule to help fill in for emergencies, illnesses and vacations.
- Must be self-motivated, use independent judgment, and be able to work with minimum supervision.
o Obtains appropriate informed consents when required.
- Positive and supportive team member to all staff members of the hospital.
- Verifies accuracy of timecard with Department Manager. Accounts for all callbacks.
- Responsible for ordering, stocking and maintaining supply inventory.
- Submits all written orders, registration documents and required imaging forms to Health Information Management and the Radiologist.
- Troubleshoots equipment problems and independently calls service engineer if the malfunction needs outside maintenance.
- Verifies exam orders, identifies patient thru two means of identification, and provides exam education.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Will be required to have CT registry within 1 year of hire.
- Will be required to learn Echo within 2 years of hire date.
- Will be required to take call, work holidays and weekends.
- May be required to obtain additional training or certification in order to meet the needs of the department.
- The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
o Demonstrates 100% commitment to performing according to the CHOICE values of MRH and representing the organization in a positive and professional manner.
o Establishes and maintains effective communication and good working relationships with all co?workers.
o Adheres to MRH and department dress code policies and procedures.
o Utilizes initiative; strives to maintain steady level of productivity; self-motivated; manages activity and time.
o Completes annual education, training, in-service, and certification requirements; attends departmental staff meetings or reads meeting minutes.
o Maintains regulatory requirements.
o Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
o Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work within designated times.
o Actively participates in departmental and facility performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities.
o Strives to ensure continual compliance with departmental, hospital, state and federal regulations and policies.
o Follows policies and procedures for infection control, safety, and risk management to ensure a safe environment for patients, public and staff.
o High School Diploma
o Valid Colorado Driver's License
o Graduate of an accredited Ultrasound Program.
o ARDMS and Ultrasound Registered.
o Registration in Abdomen, OB/GYN, Vascular, and Echocardiography preferred.
o ARRT registered in Radiology
o Current CPR.
o Prior Ultrasound experience required.
o Experience with echocardiography preferred.
o Minimum experience of one year practicing as an Ultrasound Technologist preferred.
o Effective communication.
o General knowledge of all Microsoft Office products.
o Ability to learn and work with all electronic records including PACS and RIS/HIS.
o Exposure to infectious patients.
o Exposure to contaminated specimens.
o Potential exposure to ionizing radiation.
o Must be able to take call responsibilities including weeknights, weekends, and holidays.
Ultrasound hardware and software, oxygen, suction, wheelchair, stretcher, sterile fields and trays, HIS/RIS, PACS, and computer systems.
Mandatory Training & Involvement:
o SWANK Education
o Safety In-Service
o Annual Competencies
o NIMS Training: IS-100Hcb and IS-700A
o Staff Meetings
o Infection Control
o Hazardous Materials
o CHOICE Values
o AIDET + P
o LEAN training
o ISO- 9001