Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Front Desk Agent
at Timbers Resorts
Responsible for providing information to guests and visitors and assisting guests with check in and out of the hotel while providing courteous and friendly guest service in a courteous and professional manner while exceeding the high standards of the hotel.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Identifies guest needs and provide information regarding policies, services and amenities.
- Checks guests into and out of hotel in a courteous and professional manner.
- Assists with luggage details.
- Uses suggestive selling skills and company sales guidelines to maximize revenue and occupancy levels.
- Maintains awareness of room details in order to process reservation requests or cancellations if needed, to include rates, packages, discounts and groups.
- Operates the hotel telephone system as trained to hotel standards.
- Parks and retrieves guest vehicles as needed, valet parking after hours.
- Posts charges and payments to guest, club owner and house accounts.
- Counts and balances cash drawer at the beginning and end of each shift; balances credit card shift report.
- Prints and distributes ski, weather or other reports as requested.
- Prepares current or next day arrival lists and packets.
- Cleans and maintains the front desk area in an orderly and presentable condition.
- Inventories and replenishes any required supplies.
- Processes hotel wake up program.
- Delivers guest requests as needed.
- Ensures delivery of guest messages or packages as needed.
- Observes safety precautions required to protect hotel and guest property.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Skill / Requirements
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; AND one (1) year of hospitality experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Area amenities, activities and events.
- Use of specified computer applications involving word processing, data entry, Springer Miller System (SMS) and/or standard report generation.
- Amenities, services, and room types for property.
- Resort activities and operations.
- Practices and procedures of cash handling, bookkeeping and accounting.
- Office administrative practices and procedures.
- Business letter writing and the standard format for typed materials.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Performing front desk duties in an efficient and effective manner.
- Determining the nature of a visitors needs and recommending appropriate actions or solutions.
- Speaking English effectively to communicate over the telephone.
- Resolving varied guest issues, concerns and requirements.
- Interfacing with hotel staff to ensure that guest’s needs are met in a satisfactory manner.
- Performing cash balancing and related financial transactions.
- Composing correspondence independently or from brief instructions.
- Compiling and summarizing information and preparing periodic or special reports.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.