Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Timbers Resorts
Responsible for ensuring efficient collection, sorting, cleaning and distribution of all linen in order to provide high quality laundry services to our guests.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Reviews turndown list and stocks caddie to ensure all supplies, linen and amenities are available to properly turndown guestrooms.
- Reviews list for any special requests.
- Performs turndown of assigned room according to resort standards.
- Maintains all hallways, public areas and closets clean, neat, swept and vacuumed.
- Reports any maintenance repairs to supervisor.
- Operates radios efficiently and professionally when communicating with hotel staff.
- Reports missing/found articles, damage or merchandise problems to supervisor.
- Responds at all times in a friendly, helpful manner to guests and staff.
- Performing services in adherence to safety practices and principles.
- Ensures proper accounting for lost and found items and delivers to Housekeeping.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a work team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Skill / Requirements
Education and Experience:
Tenth (10) grade education; AND one (1) year of custodial/housekeeping experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Proper cleaning methods, and the safe usage of cleaning materials, disinfectants, custodial tools and equipment.
- Use and minor maintenance of hand and power tools and equipment used in housekeeping work.
- Safety practices and equipment related to the work.
- Basic record keeping practices.
- Basic techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Performing housekeeping duties.
- Safely using hand tools and power equipment related to the work.
- Understanding and following written and oral instructions.
- Working without close supervision in standard work situations.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.