Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Tintri exists to battle the ‘storage quo’.
Over the past decade, virtualization and cloud have totally altered the data center. Storage is the exception. Conventional storage providers have retrofitted their solutions for this new world—and they’re not working.
At Tintri, we challenge convention. That translates into differentiated technology that customers (including 5 of the Fortune 15) adore—our Customer Satisfaction score is >90%. It’s why we’re growing triple digits year-over-year, and have been named one of the hottest pre-IPO start-ups. And it’s how we’ve climbed to #28 on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. We attract people who revel in seeing old problems in new ways, and who take pride in their work. People like you.This is a software engineering role requiring design, implementation and unit testing of production-quality software for our purpose-built storage appliance.
- You will be responsible for developing and maintaining the Storage IO stack that powers Tintri's products.
- Define requirements, design, implement, unit test and maintain product and platform features.
- Participate in design discussions and design/code reviews.
- Develop software in C for our Linux-based appliance platform.
- Work independently as well as in team roles, including project leadership.
- At least 5+ years industry experience with one or more of the storage protocols -- NVMe, SCSI, SATA, SAS, FC, Infiniband.
- Strong Linux device driver expertise - prefer block level device drivers.
- Strong Linux kernel knowledge.
- Solid understanding of Linux/Unix OS internals including locking and semaphores, multiprocessor and multithreaded architectures, device drivers, inter-process communication, etc.
- Strong HW and SW troubleshooting and problem-solving skills; ability to create efficient solutions to complex problems including SW workarounds to HW bugs.
- Expert in C and scripting languages (Bash, Python, etc.) and the Linux/UNIX programming environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent; Master of Science or higher preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.