Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Automation Engineer III
at TOLMAR Inc.
Purpose and Scope
The Automation Engineer III is responsible for design, development, monitoring, maintenance and documentation of controls systems, PLC programming, Building Management Systems (BMS), and monitoring systems (chambers, particle measurement, building controls & equipment). The Automation Engineer provides technical and automation support for equipment, facility, laboratory, and manufacturing systems and takes necessary steps to maintain them in good working order with assistance from the owners, maintenance department, and outside contractors.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform necessary functions to monitor and maintain system to validated state. Subject matter expert for change controls on automated systems.
- Provides technical support on pharmaceutical and utilities systems and building and equipment controls.
- Subject matter expert for Monitor and maintain the building and equipment controls and programs including but not limited to BMS, CEMS and SCEMS to a high level of compliance with GMP and ISO 9001.
- Subject matter expert for Rockwell Automation, Honeywell EBI, Delta Controls Orcaview, and JCI Metasys Building Management Systems (BMS).
- For automation systems enhance, review and generate validation documentation including IQ, OQ, PQ as necessary.
- Compile and analyze data, prepare reports and make recommendations for changes and/or improvements.
- Provide after hour and weekend support for manufacturing when in operation.
- Desire to innovate and improve processes by driving lean concepts in design & execution
- Maintain safe work environment and follow site policies and procedures.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge of PLCs, HMIs, Data management and SCADAs (iFix/Wonderware) to support systems: design, programming, maintenance.
- Working knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and ISO 9001 requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills both verbal and written.
- Technical writing and documentation review skills.
- Ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice or acceptance criteria.
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively in fast paced environment.
- The Automation Engineer III is expected to operate within the framework of Tolmar’s Core Values:
- Consistently operate with the highest standards of ethics and compliance.
- Take ownership of your actions, success and setbacks.
- Able to communicate with internal team and other departments to inform everyone completely and clearly.
- Respect each other and understand that honest collaboration is at the heart of our company success.
- Go the extra mile to make things happen.
- Be committed to all we do and the patients we serve.
- Embrace change with enthusiasm.
- Strive to learn about and understand the needs of customers and patients, and take action with great speed and efficiency no matter the task.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years equipment automation experience in a regulated industry (preferably in a GMP environment).
- Experience with design/programming/maintenance of Distributed Control Systems (DCS, BMS), and SCADA/HMI/PLC/Data controls systems preferred. Including Rockwell Automation, Honeywell EBI, Delta Controls Orcaview, and JCI Metasys Building Management Systems (BMS).
- Two or more years’ experience in SQL database management/maintenance, and VB/C programming preferred.
- Experience with Allen Bradley systems A/B PLC-5, A/B Controls Logixs, A/B Compact Logixs and A/B SLC 50x.
- Database design, management and maintenance experience is preferred.