Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Production Maintenance Technician II - 1st Shift
at TOLMAR Inc.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: f69dfba0-91d3-4025-ad22-c9bc9e5f7f36
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for engineering support and maintaining equipment and processes to include the construction, modification and improvement of equipment, with assistance from other Production Maintenance Technicians.
- Responsible for assisting Maintenance Technician staff in training and directing Maintenance Tech I staff in equipment operation, set-ups and repairs.
- Responsible for assisting Maintenance Technician staff in training maintenance and production employees on the use, maintenance and cleaning of equipment.
- Assist with maintaining content of training records for department, in compliance with cGMP standards.
- Establish and maintain records that demonstrate conformity with FDA, cGMP, and SOP standards.
- Confer with management, quality and production managers to resolve problems found.
- Maintain process equipment and machinery, and perform scheduled maintenance operations for all company work locations.
- Recommend and help implement measures/processes to improve operating conditions of equipment.
- Assist the Engineering department in process / product layout and design.
- Perform installation of machines and equipment.
- Responsible for assisting with the maintenance of spare parts inventory for assigned equipment, including monitoring levels, initiating requisitions, completing budget review, and ordering necessary materials.
- Requisition maintenance supplies, machinery, parts and equipment as needed.
- Perform electrical troubleshooting and component replacement as needed.
- Participate in required annual hazardous waste training. Hazardous waste involvement may include but is not limited to the handling of universal waste such as spent fluorescent tubes, spent filters, batteries, and used oil. Respond to spills per CP 030-0202 Chemical Spill Response.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to manage maintenance operations for assigned shift.
- Ability to carry out electrical troubleshooting to root-cause, mechanical repairs, maintenance and set up of production equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair technical support equipment.
- Proficiency in welding and machining preferred.
- High mechanical aptitude; ability to analyze the mechanics of new projects for the most efficient outcome, and to troubleshoot mechanical / electrical devices and repair them to good operating condition.
- Computer skills to include Word and Excel.
- Ability to work well with employees and outside contractors.
- Neat and organized.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple job functions
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, and to squat, kneel, and bend frequently.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record required.
Education & Experience
- At least three years in a production maintenance position.
- Completion of some accredited training in electrical preferred.
- Experience working in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment preferred.
- Manufacturing and warehouse environment.
- Some overtime may be required, including being “on-call” as needed.
- Hours for this position are Monday - Friday, 6:00 am - 2:30 pm