Total Safety U.S., Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Tech I - Rescue
at Total Safety U.S., Inc.
Specific Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in assessing potential hazards. Ensures that required safety equipment and PPE is readily available and in good working order.
- May conduct general air quality monitoring.
- Performs on-going monitoring of job conditions and equipment resources and reports observations and recommendations to supervisor to assure both worker and team safety is maintained at all times.
- In case of accident, assists in locating the patient, assessing any injuries, packages for extrication, removing patient from the threatening environment and turning over to EMS for medical attention and transport. Renders first aid and CPR to the level of training.
- Follows handling, inspection, cleaning and preventative maintenance guidelines for all rescue equipment so that it is in a constant state of readiness.
- Maintains and accurately inventories and documents all rescue related equipment.
- Assists with special projects as assigned.
Education: High School diploma or GED.
Experience: Entry level position with zero to six months of experience.
Required Licenses or Specific Training: Must have current driver’s license and valid proof of vehicle insurance if driving company vehicle. Must possess good driving record and be insurable by Total Safety U.S., Inc. insurance providers for vehicle insurance while driving company truck.
Must have 40 Hours Rescue Technician, Confined Space Entrant/Attendant Certification, Healthcare Provider CPR, First Aid with AED, First Responder or better preferred.
Be able to pass Fit test requirements.
Other Required Skills, Knowledge or Abilities: Possesses critical reasoning skills and is capable of applying them effectively in stressful situations.
Displays confidence and accepts the challenge and high degree of responsibility entailed in this position.
Demonstrates effective communication (verbal, written & listening) and interpersonal skills.
Interpersonal Communication: Verbal communication and interpersonal skills are used constantly. Must adapt to situations which may involve emotional instability and in multicultural settings. Shares opinions, ideas and resources with others to achieve common goals.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop and bend. Uses hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to kneel, crouch, climb or crawl. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Combination of office and field/production environments. Some exposure to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions. Travel to and from customer sites 75% of time.
Complexity of Duties and Decisions: Must be prepared to handle a variety of situations in changing environments. Follows all guidelines for the company pertaining to Technical Rescue, i.e. Entry, Rescue, Rescue Team requirements, Rescue Team Member requirements. Must remain calm while working in difficult and stressful situations, and stay focused while carrying out the functions of the position.
Authority: Typically works as part of a team of rescue techs. Objectives, priorities and deadlines are defined. Assistance is given with unusual situations that do not have clear objectives.
About Total Safety:
Total Safety is the world's premier provider of integrated safety and compliance services and the products necessary to support them, including gas detection, respiratory protection, safety training, fire protection, compliance and inspection, comprehensive flare services, industrial hygiene, onsite emergency medical treatment/paramedics, communications systems, engineered systems design, and materials management.
Total Safety operates from 176 locations in 20 countries to ensure the safe Wellbeing of Workers Worldwide (W3).
Total Safety is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with Total Safety, please contact Human Resources at (713) 353-5152. (For telecommunications device for the hearing impaired – TTY, please contact 711).