Town of Breckenridge
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Town of Breckenridge
- Position Summary
- The Town of Breckenridge Recreation Department is seeking dedicated, highly responsible and customer service oriented individuals for the position of Lifeguard (Recreation Attendant). Recreation Attendants are responsible for interfacing with guests in order to meet or exceed guest needs with respect to facility, program or service needs. This includes providing information, implementing or carrying out preplanned programs or activities, assisting with program planning, handling cash, enforcing policies or procedures, and generally representing the department in the most quality and service oriented manner possible.
Individuals in this position are responsible for providing a positive, safe and enjoyable environment for participants, particularly within the aquatics area of the Breckenridge Recreation Center. Lifeguards provide exceptional customer service and the ability to meet most service and informational needs of guests in a knowledgeable and experienced manner. Lifeguards also ensure that pool, swimming and safety guidelines and policies are effectively communicated to guests throughout the Recreation Center. They promote a positive professional image by providing aquatic technical/program direction and guidance to guests through leadership, judgment and effective use of aquatics technical skills and resources.
- Essential Job Functions
For additional information regarding this position including important roles, essential job functions & duties, knowledge, skills and abilities required, materials and equipment used, working environment, and physical activity required, please view the full position description.
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- One (1) or more years of customer service experience.
- To qualify for this position the candidate or employee must pass a criminal background check as described in the Recreation Department Criminal History Background Check & Confidentiality Policy.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES OR EQUIPMENT REQUIRED
- Basic CPR, AED, and First Aid Certifications are required.
- Current American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification (or equivalent) or expired less than 1 yr.
- Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) or Certified Pool Operator (CPO) Certification.
- American Red Cross LG Instructor or equivalent.
- Lifeguard Instructor Trainer (LGIT) certification
- Water Safety Instructor (WSI) certification
- Water Safety Instructor Trainer (WSIT) certification
- Additional Information
Because the Town's Recreation Department positions may involve direct contact with children, the Town requires that the incumbent in this position must have a clear criminal history that bears on his or her fitness to have responsibility for the safety and well-being of children.
Primary shifts for this position include both daytime and evening shifts of approximately 6 hours. Individuals in this position must be flexible in terms of availability; and may on occasion be required to work other shifts as needed, including early mornings, late nights, weekends, and holidays.
Qualified candidates must attached their current (or expired less than 1 year ago) American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification (or equivalent) along with their online application.
This position is 'Open Until Filled'. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until suitable candidates are selected.
Potential Housing Available
The Town of Breckenridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are selected for hire, the Town will provide a conditional job offer and check your references and conduct a background review before confirming your job offer and scheduling your orientation. If pre-employment drug-testing; medical testing; credit check; Motor Vehicle Record; Colorado Bureau of Investigation background review; or, other background reviews are required, the Town generally makes a conditional offer of hire based on successful completion of these additional steps.