Town of Breckenridge
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Town of Breckenridge
- Position Summary
- The Town of Breckenridge Recreation Department is seeking a dedicated and customer service oriented individual for the position of Personal Trainer (Rec Specialist II). This position is responsible for the design, instruction, and oversight of programs and involves maintaining knowledge of specific methodologies or practices for appropriate participant/employee education and utilizing appropriate techniques and progressions in order to ensure a quality product. Rec. Specialist II's have a combination of knowledge, skills, experience, training, education, certification, or licensure in order to teach skills and provide an appropriate level of leadership.
Individuals in this position instruct customers on a variety of health and wellness programs, such as weight training, cardiovascular exercise, nutrition, swimming, running or triathlons. This position is responsible for customer scheduling and communication; prepares personalized training regimens specific to the customer's needs; monitors progress, and performs body fat analysis and computer fitness assessments for customers. Experience with nutrition and group instruction preferred. The individual in this position must be reliable, professional, and possess excellent customer service skills. This position is also responsible for general cleanliness of the facility; ensuring equipment is properly stored, provides a safe exercise environment and complies with department rules and regulations, policies and procedures. The individual in this position will have diverse experience related to fitness, health & wellness, and personal training.
- Essential Job Functions
For additional information regarding this position including important roles, essential job functions & duties, knowledge, skills and abilities required, materials and equipment used, working environment, and physical activity required, please view the full position description.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have high school diploma or GED.
- Must demonstrate the ability to create, instruct and supervise customers/program participants. Must demonstrate effective communication and knowledge of industry trends.
- Must have one (1) or more years of customer service experience.
- To qualify for this position the candidate or employee must pass a criminal background check as described in the Recreation Department Criminal History Background Check & Confidentiality Policy.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES OR EQUIPMENT REQUIRED
- Basic CPR, AED, and First Aid Certifications are required within 30 days of hire.
- Personal Training certification from a nationally recognized fitness organization such as: American Council of Exercise ( ACE), Aerobic and Fitness Association of America (AFAA), or International Sports and Science Association (ISSA), or American College of Sports Medicine( ACSM).
- Three (3) or more years of work related customer service experience in a fitness environment.
- Three (3) or more years of work related personal training experience.
- Experience with group fitness instruction and nutrition preferred.
- One (1) or more additional specialized certifications in personal training, such as: Strength Coach, Senior Fitness or Sports Conditioning, Functional Training, or Therapeutic Exercise.
- Degree in recreation, exercise physiology or related area preferred.
- Additional Information
Because the Town's Recreation Department positions may involve direct contact with children, the Town requires that the incumbent in this position must have a clear criminal history that bears on his or her fitness to have responsibility for the safety and well-being of children.
This position works a variety of shifts based upon customer needs, such as daytime, evenings and weekend. Individuals in this position must be flexible in terms of availability; and may on occasion be required to work other shifts as needed, including early mornings, late nights, weekends, and holidays.
Qualified applicants must upload a copy of their current Personal Training certification from a nationally recognized fitness organization. (see qualifications above).
This position is 'Open Until Filled'. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until suitable candidates are selected.
The Town of Breckenridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are selected for hire, the Town will provide a conditional job offer and check your references and conduct a background review before confirming your job offer and scheduling your orientation. If pre-employment drug-testing; medical testing; credit check; Motor Vehicle Record; Colorado Bureau of Investigation background review; or, other background reviews are required, the Town generally makes a conditional offer of hire based on successful completion of these additional steps.