Town of Breckenridge
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Transit Operator
at Town of Breckenridge
- Position Summary
The Town of Breckenridge Transit Division (Free Ride) is seeking qualified and reliable individual(s) for the position of Senior Transit Operator. Individuals in this position are responsible for performing highly technical and skilled work as they serve the Public and the Town organization in a customer service and safety-sensitive role. The primary objective of incumbents in this position is to provide reliable, safe, and consistent public transportation service. The incumbent in this position shares in the responsibility for the operation and maintenance of the Town's public transportation system. The individual will be responsible for operating Town buses in such a manner to ensure employee and public safety, route & facility efficiency, and customer service excellence. On occasions, a Sr. Transit Operator may be relied upon to assist with seasonal operator training and in a Lead Operator role in charge of operations, as assigned.
- Essential Job Functions
For additional information regarding this position including important roles, essential job functions and duties, knowledge, skills and abilities required, materials and equipment used, working environment, and physical activity required, please view the full position description.
- Minimum 6 months prior transit or equivalent driving experience required.
- Minimum 1 year customer-service related experience required.
- Availability to work shifts that may include nights, holidays, and weekends. Some on-call may be required. Shifts are assigned by a bid selection method.
- Successful applicants are required to meet the DOT drug and alcohol testing requirements, pass a pre-employment drug screen; have a clear Motor Vehicle Record, pass a drug and alcohol release from previous employers, a background check and reference check.
- The incumbent may also be subject to random drug and alcohol testing requirements. This position is considered safety sensitive (per DOT regulations), and operates Transit Motor Coaches in accordance with federal regulations on public rights-of-way as a regular function of his/ her daily job duties.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES OR EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
- CDL Class B with Passenger Endorsement required within 30 days of hire.
- Valid Department of Transportation Physical card required within 30 days of hire.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous experience with Breckenridge Free Ride preferred.
- Knowledge of Town infrastructure and amenities highly desired.
- Ability to model proper operational procedures within the established divisional guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures, and for setting an example for team members to include a positive attitude, safety awareness, superior service delivery, and professionalism in the workplace.
- Ability to drive and operate buses safely and efficiently in accordance with local laws and ordinances, and Town standards and guidelines for commercial drivers.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to anticipate and respect the needs and interests of others.
- Ability to remain calm under stress.
- Additional Information
Full-Time: 40 hours per week, year round. Occasional overtime possible, depending upon organizational need.
Must be able to work shifts that may include: Days, nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed or scheduled at the discretion of management.
This position is 'Open Until Filled'. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until suitable candidates are selected.
Potential Housing Available
The Town of Breckenridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are selected for hire, the Town will provide a conditional job offer and check your references and conduct a background review before presenting you with a final job offer and scheduling your orientation. If pre-employment drug-testing; medical testing; credit check; Motor Vehicle Record; Colorado Bureau of Investigation background review; or, other background reviews are required, the Town generally makes a conditional offer of hire based on successful completion of these additional steps.